Thoughts on the Ramon Allones Club Allones EL 2015?

They are still relatively new to the market but enough of you may have had a chance to try them by now.

Personally I am a fan of these. Medium full, fruity and tasty as hell. I think they will age well in the short to medium term (3 years - 5 years).

I am often asked currently as to the difference in flavour between these and the Ramon Allones Superiores. I have my thoughts but would love your input as well ok.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Recently received some of these and the German 898. Smoked a couple of each. Actually both examples today back to back. The Club Allones comes out of the gate with some great aromas and complexity a

Here is my review. Hope it helps... https://thedirtyashes.wordpress.com/2015/11/07/2015-edicion-limitada-ramon-allones-club-allones/

fruity hammer in a velvet glove. Glove slightly worn...more hammer right now

Rob, I'm curious to know if all the boxes you've inspected have had oily wrappers, or similar shade of wrappers. I've not sampled my Ramon Allones Club LE yet as I'm waiting for the wrapper to settle (I'll give it a few months).

In the meantime, I'll be looking to grab a box if and when they come up again on 24:24. (But I know I'll have to be quick!)

I tried one last night for the first time and was fairly impressed.

Very smokable already with some nice sweet notes in the second third. Got a bit spicy at the end, and I put it down the last inch or so

Draw was a bit loose for my liking, but seems to be the case for the newer cigars - partagas maduro 1, magnum 56, Trinidad vigia

Bought a single of these recently, along with singles of ryj cedro de luxe and vigia, and it was the least enjoyable of the three. The opening was great, complex, but it didnt last and the rest of the cigar was too mild, the smoke too thin, though nicely condtructed. Felt as if the leafs was a product of some cemestry. My experience with aging is not extensive, as I've only been smoking for four-five years, but I couldnt imagine that it would age well.

Only one single cigar though, so I'll have to give them a second chance.

• Like 1

Had my first one last night but have to admit by the time I had that cigar my palate was not in great shape. Good draw and construction, medium full and the predominant flavor I was getting was a nice sweetness.

6c16d90473864f7742a24ac114892e5e.jpg

Absolutely loved the first two thirds and then went all young and 'fighty' in the last third. That will go with age and this will be a superb cigar. I plan to buy a couple of boxes and see you again in about three years when I suspect I shall wish I bought a lot more.

• 3 weeks later...

The one I smoked was definitely too young (and too "wet" for my tastes - should have dry boxed first).

Great flavours developing along the RA profile but with a brown sugar sweetness I suspect is from the ridiculously oily maduro wrapper. I think in a few years time it would be something special...but has the potential to be a Cohiba Maduro instead (I.E. never able to shake off the powerful sweetness of the wrapper that muddles the rest of the cigar's palate, IMO). I got a box but probably won't get much more than that - If I miss out on a real cracker, so be it. It's not like it's a 42 RG cigar or anything ;)

Now the RA 898 German RE - THAT is a cracker cigar now, and for years to come. I don't think it'll match the classic RA 898 which to my understanding needed age to smooth out - but it's still delicious in its own right.

• Like 3

I've not sampled my Ramon Allones Club LE yet as I'm waiting for the wrapper to settle (I'll give it a few months).

In the meantime, I'll be looking to grab a box if and when they come up again on 24:24. (But I know I'll have to be quick!)

Secured a box from the 24:24 sales yesterday. I still want to give this a few more months before I sample one, but 'boy' am I looking forward to it!