Thoughts on the Ramon Allones Club Allones EL 2015?

How long do you think they need to rest before that last third loses its youthfulness?

i took down 9 boxes when i was in varadero. wont smoke one for another year....

Yes, that's would I would think too. In my opinion, give it 12 months and see if the edge comes off the final third.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Recently received some of these and the German 898. Smoked a couple of each. Actually both examples today back to back. The Club Allones comes out of the gate with some great aromas and complexity a

Here is my review. Hope it helps... https://thedirtyashes.wordpress.com/2015/11/07/2015-edicion-limitada-ramon-allones-club-allones/

fruity hammer in a velvet glove. Glove slightly worn...more hammer right now

I smoked a couple of them a while ago a really liked them. Glad to have a box in my coolidor and one more on the way. Wouldn't mind getting one or two more boxes.

• Like 1

I got some from a 24:24 recently and am just waiting and waiting. Luckily, they look so prefect in the box that I can't bring myself to disturb them! Probably a good thing if I can keep my hands off then for a year or more.

But they do whisper to me...

• Like 2

I smoked one a month ago. I bought the box from Rob and let it sit for a month before trying my first on a trip. Smoking that one convinced me that I shouldn't even look in their direction for at least another 6-12 months. This specific cigar was so dark, tannic and harsh that it wasn't enjoyable to smoke. It was brutal to be honest, but I am convinced it has everything it needs to be great. My sample just needed a lot more time to come together.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, have a box on the way and was wondering if I should try to grab another given the comments on todays 24:24 thread. I think you helped me decide!

• Like 1

I've smoked 2 out of 2 boxes I got on a 24;24 a month or so ago.

Still young and showing mongrel, but they have a delightful fruity sweetness. The second one I took one out last night and it was brilliant, just brilliant, but then flattened out near the end. These are going to be GREAT in time.

• Like 1

Smoked one of mine this week, and it's was absolutely amazing! Probably the best cigar I've smoked this year. Unfortunately I don't have a box code or date was a box split with a friend. Planning on ordering few boxes ASAP. My only gripe with them is they are very fast burners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've smoked 2 out of 2 boxes I got on a 24;24 a month or so ago.

Still young and showing mongrel, but they a delightful fruity sweetness. The second one I took one out last night and it was brilliant, just brilliant, but then flattened out near the end. These are going to be GREAT in time.

Sounds right up my alley!hungry.gif Can you tell me the box code, same code on both?? Thanks!

I just scored another box which was totally unexpected as I went out to purchase some French RE's. That makes a total of 3 boxes (one is on it's way from Australia). The boxes I have right now both have a LAU NOV 15 box code. The one on it's way will have a different one.

Will post the one I purchased today and my other finds in a little while.

• Like 1

I just scored another box which was totally unexpected as I went out to purchase some French RE's. That makes a total of 3 boxes (one is on it's way from Australia). The boxes I have right now both have a LAU NOV 15 box code. The one on it's way will have a different one.

Will post the one I purchased today and my other finds in a little while.

NICE!!! Congratsthumbsup.gifparty.gif

• Like 1

Sounds right up my alley!hungry.gif Can you tell me the box code, same code on both?? Thanks!

RAE AGO 15 (FOH/HQ) on both.

• Like 1

I smoked through a box in january and liked them - sweet, spicy and strong. But I thought it was too similar to a (good) Nicaraguan cigar. Almost as if Habanos looked at Pepin and said: we can do better than that.

The Superiores on the other hand are, well, superior to the Club Allones in my book

party.gif

I smoked through a box in january and liked them - sweet, spicy and strong. But I thought it was too similar to a (good) Nicaraguan cigar. Almost as if Habanos looked at Pepin and said: we can do better than that.
The Superiores on the other hand are, well, superior to the Club Allones in my book

Wow! You smoked the whole box in a month?lookaround.giftongue.pnglol3.gif That surely speaks to your level of enjoyment...had they settled long? Did you see any improvement from first stick to the last? Finally, if you remember (YEEES, I'm a factory code hawksmartass.giflmao.gif ) what was factory code?

I do love the Superiores and have gone through several boxes...over many MANY monthsjester.gif

party.gif

Wow! You smoked the whole box in a month?lookaround.giftongue.pnglol3.gif That surely speaks to your level of enjoyment...had they settled long? Did you see any improvement from first stick to the last? Finally, if you remember (YEEES, I'm a factory code hawksmartass.giflmao.gif ) what was factory code?

I do love the Superiores and have gone through several boxes...over many MANY monthsjester.gif

Well it's only a 10-count box and I was on a skiing trip. Box code ROM oct 15
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Had one during the last video review.  Loved the flavors but it's a wild animal.  The body was medium to medium full but the strength went from mild to full octane in the last third.

It actually reminded me of the strength kick a fresh oliva series v Melanie or padron 1926 80 years can deliver.

I won't be touching that box until next year or later.  I'll have the second box in the ohs shipped out to me this fall but it won't be touched for a couple years.

• 4 months later...

I've only really liked the very first one I tried. All the ones after that have been mediocre for me. I don't understand the hype but then again, I couldn't stand the Magnum 56 either.

• Like 1