Anthony Bourdain Visits Waffle House

brschoppe

I live in Virginia. Waffle House is my favorite breakfast eatery! Going there is better than Christmas. Their hash browns and waffles are the best!

• Like 1

I have done Waffle House a few times while being in the south. It is usually truly a southern experience. A little Elvis on the Jukebox and late 70's early 80's model Camero and Trans Am out front. My wife had never been so we stopped once on a trip to Florida. We could tell the windows had not been cleaned for a while as someone had thrown a couple pickles on it and they had dehydrated there. I do like the option to have hash browns instead of French Fries with my burger. Breakfast is pretty decent too!

Love the picture menus - just point at what you want when you can't talk intelligibly!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watch 'The Layover' series. Bourdain spends a weekend in various cities from NYC ace Vegas to London and Amsterdam

Sent before finishing. .. Anyway, he meets chef mates in each place, gets hammered and eats stuff like Waffle House either pissed up at night or hungover in the morning. London one is great with Marco Pierre-White at night and a cab driver's caff on the way to the airport. Never seen someone so grateful for a bacon sarnie.

• 4 weeks later...

Living in the south I can spit and hit 4 waffle houses from my house.. My neighbor played 8-years in the NFL and when he retired he bought 10 WHs and now makes more than his biggest contract years. Waffles are big biness here in da south.

Living in the South, I've been eating at waffle houses my whole life. They are not known for their cleanliness. Most of them with walls still stained yellow from back in the day when you where allowed to smoke in restaurants.

Are they my favorite place to eat. Not really, but for a home cooked style breakfast or dinner, you can't beat it.

I also spent many of after club nights there when I was younger trying to kill a hang over before it started. One of the few places open at 3am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Bourdain is great, although I'm pretty sure his wife beats the living piss out of him when he gets out of line. Always preferred Cracker Barrel to WH, but next time I'm in the US I'll give this Dirty Waffle a go.

• 2 weeks later...

Bourdain is great, although I'm pretty sure his wife beats the living piss out of him when he gets out of line. Always preferred Cracker Barrel to WH, but next time I'm in the US I'll give this Dirty Waffle a go.

So that explains why he's been getting Jiu Jitsu Training from the Gracie DoJo.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...