On Mille Fleurs...

rmill3r

RyJ or Partagas Mille Fleurs? And why?

Are they short or long filler?

Also, how does the RyJ MF compare to something like an RyJ PC or RyJ Romeo? And, how does the Party MF compare to something like a Party Short or Party Aristocrat/Super Party? They all seem too similar in size for my understanding.

Both,for a long time.

good price,good blend,hard to beat.

I keep these and have some to age.

never had a Romeo vitola,the Mille is like the pc.

Parti short can be fuller than the Mille.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Found the FoH forum 3 mins ago while looking around for Partagas reviews. I've just bought a box of the RyJ MFs and then noticed my supplier does PMFs too (added to wish list). It's the question I was looking for and didn't even know! C'mon people, what's the comparison? The price is the same (€5 per stick). Ta.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

rmill3r, on 12 Dec 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:rmill3r, on 12 Dec 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:rmill3r, on 12 Dec 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:rmill3r, on 12 Dec 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

RyJ or Partagas Mille Fleurs? And why?

Are they short or long filler?

RyJ & Partagas Mille Fleurs have both been LONG FILLER since c2002.

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Romeo_y_Julieta#Mille_Fleurs

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Partag|as#Mille_Fleurs

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I'd agree the MF are quite good and are superior to the Partagas. Different cigars to be sure but I've not been impressed with the Party small cigar lineup in the last 5 years. Inconsistent. That includes the Party MF, Super Partagas, Aristocrats and Habaneros. Muddled flavors, poor construction. I have no hesitation in saying the RyJ MF is of far higher quality than any of these.

Hi, if you get the chance I recommend trying the El Ray del Mundo Demi Tasse it is exceptional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, ERDM Demi's are great little cigars. Always have them in my humidor

• 1 month later...

Well I've finally got my Party MFs and am currently sitting in my cold, damp English garden with one on the go and it's really good. The RyJ I remember being heavy on the leather and coffee while this PMF is more dark chocolate and hints of sweet cherry.

Both good IMHO, for the price, nice size and I genuinely don't know which I prefer. I'll leave them both for a couple of months and see how they settle. I'm glad I've got them both in my humi, good buys definitely and I'll get more of each no doubt.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On March 6, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Akela3rd said:

Well I've finally got my Party MFs and am currently sitting in my cold, damp English garden with one on the go and it's really good. The RyJ I remember being heavy on the leather and coffee while this PMF is more dark chocolate and hints of sweet cherry.

Both good IMHO, for the price, nice size and I genuinely don't know which I prefer. I'll leave them both for a couple of months and see how they settle. I'm glad I've got them both in my humi, good buys definitely and I'll get more of each no doubt.

How'd they do? Thx!

Well, I've only got one of each left, which tells you something (both 10 count boxes admittedly) and all I can say is that they're subtly different. I think the Partagas has a bit more bite and is slightly stronger. The RyJ seems to better fit the literal interpretation of "a thousand flowers" in that it's sweeter and milder. But frankly, there's a ciggy paper between them. The differences I've noticed may not just be in the blends, but in the boxes themselves. The RyJ (MUL JUN 14) can't from Geneva airport and the PMFs (GEO ABR 14) from a Portuguese online vendor.
And, there's dozens of PC / Mareva cigars out there to try...

• 2 months later...

Currently sitting in Punta Cana smoking a Partagas MF sipping a Dominican coffee and can say I am really enjoying it. Its my very 1st Partagas MF as I am very new to the cigar game & bought a box of MF and H.Upmann Royal Robusto's for my trip. By the feedback above, sounds like I might enjoy the R&J MF more, as I like the smooth, creamy lighter cigar option at present.

I bought them on the recommendation from this forum, so thanks again:)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Haven't gone through a lot of boxes of either, as for the same price I definitely prefer some Party Shorts or PLMC, but I've enjoyed the RyJ more then the Partys, which for some odd reason sometimes remind me of cigarettes, in terms of flavour.

I've never smoked the RJ Mille Fleur (I have fallen in love with the RJ Coronitas en Cedro as my cheap RJ so I am sticking with it). I'm on my second box of Partagas Mille Fleurs. I agree with the characterization of them as being a bit "rough". They are full bodied and peppery, and they are perfect for when I want a meaty, full bodied cigar but am not in the mood to sit quietly and reflect on complex flavors. I like them for when I am doing yard work or grading papers, they give me excellent flavor and a jolt but they are not a cigar to marvel at. They are not as spicy as the Partagas Short which is a just bought a cab of. I personally am a big fan of the Partagas Culebra for a unique white pepper flavor, and of the 898 for what is at this time to my palate the most elegant and smooth Partagas cigar.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Op asked about Super Partagas, among others.  SP are excellent C&C cigars.  Medium flavor and strength, very rustic appearance with pungent aroms.  Smooth as silk and not harsh at all.  My personal favorite budget Partagas.  I'd take them over some other marcas rubostos!  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just jumped over here looking for info on RYJMF and found this top of subforum.  Good sign.  Really enjoy RYJPCs so I am excited to see how these will be!

• 2 weeks later...