Video Review - Ramon Allones 898 ER Alemania 2014

Ferrero

I just got a couple boxes after a long delay. Going to fully trust the review. Put them in the back and check on them during the next World Cup. Thanks to Pres got plenty of other treats to enjoy till then and as always thanks for posting a great video review. Okay I might just pull one out to try before stashing them for later ?

So, potential? Recall the RACF came off with a similar take when first out....

I didn't catch any mention of construction, draw or burn issues.

I received a box recently and tasted my first one last week- it was delicious, smooth, and full of complex flavors throughout. Only saw its youth towards the end of the stick. I really enjoy this release :)

• Like 1

I found the review very interesting. It seems Rob was especially hesitant and kind of conflicted with this cigar. The word that jumps out at me is diplomatic. Sure this cigar may be a 94-95 in 5 years or it might be no different. I have Partagas 898 that when smoking for the first time I felt EXACTLY the same way as Rob and Ken feel about this cigar. High 80's, but surely it will be much better in 2-3 years...they weren't. It doesn't really matter with this release though. With all of the hype these are long gone and going for huge premiums and congrats to those who got their hands on them and enjoy them.

In response to the RAFC reference above - Rob said 12-18, not 5 years. If you go back and watch the review the RACF was a "wildcat in a cage, that needs to be tamed" and time to come back down to earth, not develop like he's the RA 898 needs to do. A completely different analysis, IMO.

I received a box recently and tasted my first one last week- it was delicious, smooth, and full of complex flavors throughout. Only saw its youth towards the end of the stick. I really enjoy this release smile.png

Absolutely reflects my experience with this cigar. Smoked five so far from three different boxes (and seen more). Construction, wrappers, draw and burn always absolutely flawless! We may debate on tobacco quality and ligada, but construction of these is top notch without any question. While people say, these "need" age, I found all five to be 'good' to 'excellent' and to be fully enjoyed already at this stage. Yes, clear signs of youth, sure, but yet enjoyable and as finecigar says, even delicious (needs a careful smoking technique for that right now).

While tastes are personal, still sometimes it seems to me people feel the need to bash certain releases just because they are 'hyped' or/and not easy to come by. Not the fault of the cigar.... - Just my 2cts, sorry couldn't hold back.

EDIT: Thanks for the great review gents!

• Like 2

Thanks for the review guys. Great job, Greg!

I have really liked the RA 898. I need to sample more from my box, but the first one was excellent.