"KSA" cigars?

I know a few gun rollers who had large orders (in the 1000's of sticks) for Saudi Royalty. They (the rollers) were doing it in privateer mode however. This was some 4-5 years ago.

...I have no idea if this is relevant biggrin.png

Ha! So...you might as well be fishing. What good are you, anyway? nyah.gif

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's actually a wonderful man and a friend of mine. We met in Havana and he has been kind enough to share his cigars with me. We both had some of our cigars rolled by the same roller years ago. PK is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminded me to post some new ones Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So... He's so generous, please can he send us a few sticks! wink.png They look amazing.

No kidding... I'm right next to KSA in Kuwait I'll drive over and pick them up.

• 1 year later...
Guest RobeAndSlippers

YIKES:

REDACTED.

IZ NOOB.

Edited by RobeAndSlippers
Noob mistake: seeking trades etc.

11 minutes ago, RobeAndSlippers said:

Right... so here I am, a newbie resurrecting a 13-month-old thread...

(tries to look casual)

Anyone up for a trade for one of these?

Tsk, tsk....  :D

Don't know if you can see the Trading Room section when you are logged in, but -

"A Trading Room has been established for Members only. It is only accessible to logged in members.

Rules.

A. You need to have 100 posts to post a trade.

B. You need to have 100 posts to respond to a trade.

C. You need to be a member for a period of six months to trade at all.

The Trading Room is for Cigars and Cigar Accessories Only.

• Not for Booze
  • Not for Sandshoes
  • Not for Wife lmao.gif

Exception: Some of you may from time to time wish to sell a humidor (upgrading/downgading). You may post the Sale however do not mention money. Ask all enquiries to PM you.
Please post photo's and a full description inclusive of condition.

See also the new rule forum: http://www.friendsof...howtopic=106496

1. Do not post prices or sources. Please research members posting history to assess suitability.

2. Trading Room is about "swapping cigars" not selling them. There is to be no intentional commercial benefit in the transaction. I will delete any posts which mention $'s. Work out shipping (domestic or international through e-mail/PM)

3. Tossers and wankers will be banned from the forum if the spirit of the forum is threatened. If you need this to be explained then do yourself a favour and bugger off now.

4. Deal directly and not on the open forum. Post what you have to trade with a photo if you like. State what you are seeking in a trade or thereabouts.

5 Once a trade is completed, it is the responsibility of the originator to close the thread.

6.. When posting your trade, post under the category "Trading Room"

7. It is expected that all trades will be shipped within 2 business days of the trade being agreed privately.

9. If a problem eventuates then work the bloody thing out privately. If you believe that you are dealing with satan himself....contact me privately.

This service has been made available at member request. Used properly it will benefit many. "

• Like 2

Guest RobeAndSlippers

Now I def. feel like the #FNG. Sorry: total noob move on my part. Redacted.

Thanks...!

(Humbly walking out of room backwards now...)

22 minutes ago, RobeAndSlippers said:

Now I def. feel like the #FNG. Sorry: total noob move on my part. Redacted.

Thanks...!

(Humbly walking out of room backwards now...)

Honest overlook? No worries :) (see forum reg about having a bit of fun at each others expense)

But.....

Just watch out for Monsignor Stretchrack the Inquisitor - aka Thug Lite, K to the G......

he takes no prisoners.... :unsure:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Head83 said:

There's a trading forum??   Is it only visible once you meet the requirements?  Or am I just an idiot and never seen it.  

Yes, it is only visible once you meet the requirements.

• Like 1

I feel your just rubbing it in at this point...it's working!!  Really jealous.  Would love to have some of those in the collection, talk about something to show off and start a conversation over.  

2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Yes, it is only visible once you meet the requirements.

That makes me feel a little better that I had not missed the entire thing  

Guest RobeAndSlippers
15 hours ago, miamipadronsmoker said:

Reminded me to post some new ones

9e94d350f268c05ef6fc7bd325fcb6f0.jpg
6989c851c56481e4f57ba400253345e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMFG, they're beautiful.

These look no different than any custom roll one can get in Havana. I  know there's a few "special orders" such as the King of Spain banded Cohibas  We saw a bunch of those boxes in El Laguito in 2012 IIRC.  They were just rebanded CCE's.  The bands looked very nice.  Nicer than these KSA's.  To what degree is Habanos involved with these? Do they gather the requirements on blends, vitolas, produce the bands?  Or is this a more "personal" order with well connected people in Havana to get this done?    How much different would it be than me just having professional BWS "Bundwallah Selection" bands made for my Hamlet Salamones? ;)  :P

• Like 3

Would love to try one. Would also love to own a La Ferrari. Would also love to date a few supermodels. Would love to have s collection of AP Royal Oak watches. I stand about as much of a chance of ever smoking one of these 

However? I live near Charlotte NC USA which is a huge worldwide banking center for Wells Fargo and BOA among others. A good friend had dealings wit Ferd Marcos of the Phillipines. He had a private roller in Cuba that produced a special CC that like a 48 ring 7 in long. The stick was blended in a manner that the taste remained close to the same throughout the entire smoke or at least that is what I was told. I would say that this was pretty close to correct. The cigar had a beautiful band with the Phollipines coat of arms or the national flag. I was lucky to smoke a few of the sticks with him. I would say that it was easily in my top 5 smokes ever. When Marcos passed away the party was over. I feel very fortunate to have enjoyed a few of these cigars

• Like 1

Interesting that there are custom cigars for a member of the Saudi royal family. The kingdom is an absolute monarchy. The Quran and the Sunnah (the traditions of Muhammad) are  the country's constitution. Alcohol and tobacco are strictly verboten.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joeypots said:

Interesting that there are custom cigars for a member of the Saudi royal family. The kingdom is an absolute monarchy. The Quran and the Sunnah (the traditions of Muhammad) are  the country's constitution. Alcohol and tobacco are strictly verboten.

you think the british royal family has never transgressed?

human nature. and no one is perfect, but most people are, at least on occasion, highly hypocritical. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

you think the british royal family has never transgressed?

human nature. and no one is perfect, but most people are, at least on occasion, highly hypocritical. 

If one was to read up on the House of Windsor in regards to Male Sovereigns and fidelity, you'd quickly realise that Queen Elizabeth's father, King George VI (or Bertie as he was nicknamed) was an anomaly. If you compare Prince Charles to either King Edward VII or Edward VIII (yes, the one who abdicated for Wallis Simpson), then you'd think he was a pure angel and his antics quite normal for a male heir to the British throne.