Recommend me a PC based on my preferences

cakeanddottle

I've been smoking habanos for the last 18 months. I love anything SLR, and really enjoy Monte PE, SCdLH EP and ERdM CS.

I really liked the couple RASS I smoked but wished they had more backbone. I smoked a box of VR Unicos and liked but didn't love them. No Bolivar has wowed me despite descriptions sounding like they'd be right in my wheelhouse. I bought a 50 cab of Punch Punch, and they did not impress me the way that the Double Corona I smoked did. They lacked the twang and fruit of their big brother.

I have been dragging my feet about getting a box of Reyes, but they're high on my list to try.

RASCC have also been up there, hoping they'd be a little fuller than RASS. I'm a bit put off that in recent times by all accounts on the web they've been rolled too tight. I hate fighting plugged cigars.

Lastly the Rafael Gonzalez PC has been appealing to me based on web reviews.

I love coffee and cocoa notes in a cigar, and cigars with fruit notes make me happier than anything else.

This morning I'm trying to decide between ordering a box of RASCC or a box of RG PC. I would very much appreciate your opinions based on what I've stated. Thank you!

Go for the RASCC. They just seem better ROTT than RASS and somewhat richer and fuller bodied. At least, the ones I've smoked. And as much as I love the Reyes, the RASCC are a better buy.

• Like 1

Not on your list, but lately I've gone through a few boxes of Upmann PC's. Draw was good, flavor profile was great, might be something you'd be interested in.

I like the RGPC over the RASCC. It's got a nice creaminess to the smoke. IMHO

Not a PC, but one to take a look at for a short smoke, is the Montecristo No. 5. if you like coffee, cocoa.

• Like 1

The ones mentioned already,

RASCC, Upmann PC, Gonzalez PC (love them)

and San Cristobal de la Habana Principe, gorgeous one and all -

enjoy, cheers, Alex

If you find the Rafael Gonzalez PCs a nice mild smoke, try the Ramon Allones Small Club Corona for a fuller-bodied cigar next time, if you don't mind a fuller-bodied cigar from time-to-time. I can relate to your preferences.

I'd say Lenovo or HP are your best bets.....

Unless you're an Apple man sneaky.gif

• Like 2

RASS with no backbone!? Still, it sounds like you might like a young HUPC. It's got coffee, can have cake and has enough get up and go to satisfy.

well that impression was made when I was still smoking Nicaraguans daily, regarding RASS.

El Principe is already represented in my humidor, and they are tasty indeed.

Lastly, being a big fan of SLR Regios and Serie A, can you recommend the RyJ Exhibicion No 4 to me? It certainly sounds right up my alley from reading reviews. I love when I get fruit notes. Thanks again.

well that impression was made when I was still smoking Nicaraguans daily, regarding RASS.

El Principe is already represented in my humidor, and they are tasty indeed.

Lastly, being a big fan of SLR Regios and Serie A, can you recommend the RyJ Exhibicion No 4 to me? It certainly sounds right up my alley from reading reviews. I love when I get fruit notes. Thanks again.

I had my first RyJ no 4 yesterday.

So good that I need to grab a box. Flavour profile was similar to what you're looking for.

Ah! Makes sense. I've found Nicaraguans can prime your palate and get it used to full-frontal assaults and lots of ass (or backbone). CCs tend to be much more nuanced and floral. Contrary to popular opinion, CCs are not the strongest cigars in the world (a common idea shared by several nonsmokers I know).

I've always shied away from Bolivar because I think they taste too much like a Nicaraguan. Perhaps an EL will be what you're looking for? I would also think young RyJ might be right up your alley, especially the PC.

RyJ Ex 4 has lots of cherry in it, but is also toasty and can be quite floral. Don't know if that will work. Sounds like you need a handful of singles. Happy hunting!

I'd say Lenovo or HP are your best bets.....

Unless you're an Apple man sneaky.gif

This is what I thought to when I read the thread title. BTW I have a Lenovo, and love it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

RyJ Ex 4 has lots of cherry in it, but is also toasty and can be quite floral. Don't know if that will work. Sounds like you need a handful of singles. Happy hunting!

Sounds good to me, I found the Choix Supreme floral and complex and loved it. I'm just going to have to get a box of Ex4, worst case scenario I don't like it as much as SLRR.

Sounds good to me, I found the Choix Supreme floral and complex and loved it. I'm just going to have to get a box of Ex4, worst case scenario I don't like it as much as SLRR.

RyJ is more cherry to me. SLR is more of non-descript fresh fruit. The craziest fruit flavor I ever got was from the Ramon Allones Grandes RE - I swear there was raspberry/strawberry in the middle of those!

Worst case scenario, you can always trade away RyJ with a good rosado wrapper!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My go-to Minuto right now is the SCDLH El Principe. They just never let you down. I've had too many issues with a lot of the 13-14 RASCC stock, recent Boli CJ and Party Shorts.

My PC recommendation is the HUPC or Monte #4. The HUPC has a very similar blend, if not the same blend, as the Upmann #2 which have been smoking very well lately. Also very happy with almost all recent Monte #4. I'll also throw in the RGPC. Very good lately as well, and a great choice for a more mild-medium strength smoke. And I also have to toss in the PLPC. Very solid, very reliable lately.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...