My Wineador project progress

CigarSeeker

Here is what I have so far .. Been working on this for over a week now and the results are rewarding so far ... My setup is maintaining temp at 67-70F and 60-65RH .. These numbers fluctuate in those ranges depending on if the TE kicks on or during the period it's off or if the the two bottom fans are on or off (they are on a timer that kicks on for 30 minutes every 3 hours)...I also added inside LED lights to make it look "cooler" since the lights that come with these Wineador is very much useless.

I created a semi custom fan box out of a small Spanish cedar drawer. I also added 4 legs to allow for air flow.

IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

image_30.jpeg

I left the unit empty for few days to retain humidity, monitor numbers, and make adjustments. Like relocating the temp sensor from my Johnson Controler (Thanks Piggy).

IMG_1992.jpg

Final product ? Maybe .. I will continue to monitor this before putting my stock in. (Currently sitting in a cooler chest at 68F and 67RH). If you're reading this and have any suggestion, I'd appreciate it. Big shout out to Piggy and others for always helping members out with this topic. I know somethings are repeated over and over so I apologize for that.

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

• Like 1

I would love one of those habanos decals. Where did that little highlight come from?

I actually came across it on eBay and couldn't resist. If you can't find it, shoot me a PM and I'll link you.

• Like 1

I think it looks great, though I find the large round hygros a bit distracting and take away from beauty of the drawers and your Habanos sticker. I went with wireless units and a base station I picked up on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weather-WS-10-8-Channel-Thermo-Hygrometer/dp/B00FX8ZGOO/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1460376486&sr=8-8&keywords=wireless+thermometer

• Like 1

I think it looks great, though I find the large round hygros a bit distracting and take away from beauty of the drawers and your Habanos sticker. I went with wireless units and a base station I picked up on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weather-WS-10-8-Channel-Thermo-Hygrometer/dp/B00FX8ZGOO/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1460376486&sr=8-8&keywords=wireless+thermometer

I have that same exact unit currently on my wish list. How is it working for you? How is the accuracy on it? Any trouble with the wireless?

I have that same exact unit currently on my wish list. How is it working for you? How is the accuracy on it? Any trouble with the wireless?

Yes, how is this amazon purchase working for you? I want to do the same. Seems the one that is installed on my drawer doesn't work at all. I like the idea of wireless too. Could put one in my cooler also.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes, how is this amazon purchase working for you? I want to do the same. Seems the one that is installed on my drawer doesn't work at all. I like the idea of wireless too. Could put one in my cooler also.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Works great! I used a Xikar calibration kit to measure the remote sensors and they were each within 1-2%. You can make adjustments on the base station to account for those minute differences. I have a sensor in my top, middle & bottom drawers and they have no problem being recognized by the base station that sits on top of the wine cooler. You can also set an alarm that warns you when the RH drops too low. Pretty cool gadget for the money.

34A9E3DD-8AD0-46FA-AA50-F730E0440A43_zps

77A34395-F5B2-4708-9508-79121AF70953_zps

• Like 1

Works great! I used a Xikar calibration kit to measure the remote sensors and they were each within 1-2%. You can make adjustments on the base station to account for those minute differences. I have a sensor in my top, middle & bottom drawers and they have no problem being recognized by the base station that sits on top of the wine cooler. You can also set an alarm that warns you when the RH drops too low. Pretty cool gadget for the money.

34A9E3DD-8AD0-46FA-AA50-F730E0440A43_zps

77A34395-F5B2-4708-9508-79121AF70953_zps

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will probably place an order later today.

Are your fans connected to the same controller as the power for the fridge? I am liking the setup so far. Just received my fridge and looking to put together something similar.

No, my fans are connected separately to a scheduled digital timer that kicks on every 3 hours. The cooler is connected to my Johnson A419 controller, if the cooler ever goes above 70 degrees, it will turn on.

I know that piggy has a bunch of tech posts on this matter... some are hard for me to follow.

Any chance I can get a little feedback?

Quick question on temp

I have this set up and really love the way it is holding at 66-68%Rh... However, It is in a place where the temperature can drop down to below 60f. This morning I found it at 58f. I did turn unplug the unit so as to not draw in the ambient air and It maintained the temperature nicely, until the climate in the room raised in temp. I noticed as the temp climbed so did the Rh.

I have read that the colder temps.. 65f and below (unless I am misunderstanding it) can promote mold. This is what scares me.

Back to what I was saying.

When I noticed the low temp this morning I removed the moist Heartfelt beads and put in a fresh batch of 70% beads in hopes that as the temperature raises throughout the day I won't have a heavy rise in Rh.

I guess the question I have is... Should I leave this unit plugged in even if the temp is dropping to 60f ? While the unit is plugged in it is constantly running fan and drawing ambient temp. Should I not be concerned about the flux in temp if the Rh is maintaining nicely?

Please, any feedback would be appreciated... Stock is coming in quickly.

1st let me say that the temp reader on my Wineador is pure garbage! I always thought the temp reading on my hygrometers were off, till I got my Johnson A419 controller. The reading on mine was 4-5 degrees more than what it really is (i.e while it was reading 66 it really was 62).

I don't think maintaining cigars at such low temps is good at all.

With my current A419 controller my temp is always at 68-70F where it should be and I maintain RH at 61-65%. My unit isn't in a room where the temp drops as low but I think you should really look into getting a temp controller. It really makes a difference. Good luck.

I may have to go this route. Every time I open the door the fan is blowing. I was getting RH fluctuations till I put in another half pound of bead, pound and a half now. My larger Haier wine unit is keeping more stable numbers with only one pound of beads.

I may have to go this route. Every time I open the door the fan is blowing. I was getting RH fluctuations till I put in another half pound of bead, pound and a half now. My larger Haier wine unit is keeping more stable numbers with only one pound of beads.

I know you have the same unit as me... Be careful from that built in thermometer that comes in this unit. That thing is evil! I just ordered that 3 wireless hygrometer/ thermometer blazer mentioned earlier. Should have mine today, will report back how it goes.