FOH Blind Tasting Cigar Number 2 Review

LordAnubis

I wont post the full note but mine had a bugger of a tight draw and was a constant battle with the lighter to keep an even burn.

That said it was lovely and sweet all the way through. Sweet, woody and creamy. It didn't have any caramel or salt for me hence my guess.

From reading the other reviews it really is a bloody lottery. ?

• Like 1

68F/63rh

My NC comparison may not be fair since it wasn't THAT bad, but if i am correct on my guess and it is what I've tried once before then me and this cigar will just agree to not get along. Can't love them all

• Like 1

I smoked this cigar a week ago. It had a pronounced box press with a light brown toothy wrapper and a grassy tobacco pre-light smell.

The draw was perfect with not much except tobacco and wood on the pre-light.

Initial draws were earth and leather with a hint of bitter chocolate. Med to full body.

1st 3rd

Still earth and leather, and no other flavours jump out but the smoke is very dense and smooth. Towards the end of this third there was a hint of raisin.

2nd 3rd

The raisin note is more pronounced now with a touch of sweetness to accompany the core denser flavours of earth and leather. The draw was becoming a bit tight so i took another mm off at the head to open it up.

last 3rd

The cigar has lost its balance slightly, with leather the most prominent flavour. There is however some indiscernible sweetness coming through and this is married with a touch of bitterness. This bitter sweet contrast fades towards the end with earth and leather dominant once more.

Really enjoyed this cigar, but if my guess is correct I have had better examples.

I got a lot of basic tobacco notes with some leather, wood, and a certain herbal & earthy note. Didn't enjoy it near as much as the first one but that might have been setting the bar a bit high. Overall, I found this to be an unremarkable cigar. I smoked a few reference points from my own stash for comparison's sake and I'm hoping I got it right. Interested to see what this one will turn out to be!

• MoeFOH unpinned this topic