Favorite box for under $100?

Burks

I've been very impressed with the Vegueros Manianitas I picked up from Rob recently. A good clean smoke that won't break the bank. So much so that I've got a friend picking some more up for me from his upcoming trip to Gibraltar. UK taxes make a sub $100 box an impossible find when buying locally.

Some of these mentioned are going to be hard to find for under $100.  At or close to $100 I really like the Upmann Majestic and Hoyo Palmas Extra.  Throw in the Super Partags, Partagas Mille Fleur, and RJY Mille Fleur for good measure. I have a box of PLMC but haven't sampled yet.

Get much cheaper than $100 and they fall off quickly.  RG Perla and PLP are the only sub-$100 boxes I have truly enjoyed.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2016 at 7:31 PM, bman75 said:

Some of these mentioned are going to be hard to find for under $100.  At or close to $100 I really like the Upmann Majestic and Hoyo Palmas Extra.  Throw in the Super Partags, Partagas Mille Fleur, and RJY Mille Fleur for good measure. I have a box of PLMC but haven't sampled yet.

Get much cheaper than $100 and they fall off quickly.  RG Perla and PLP are the only sub-$100 boxes I have truly enjoyed.

Yes, PLPC, RASCC and Shorts are not a sub-$100 boxes, people. :confused:

+1 on the HU Majestics. Great value. Avoid the Regalias.

RG Perlas, PLP, and all the small Partagas offerings (hearing good things about recent Aristocrats) always fit the bill.

FYI, a certain popular vendor has PLMC right now for <$100 which is a tremendous deal but typically it is not a sub-$100 cigar either.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Welcome aboard J. Get on those Party Shorts. Probably bigger than you're used to, but deliver every time. My favourite pocket rocket of a CC.

Out goes the putter collection, in comes the cigar collection ;) 

• Like 1

Hearing so many good things about the Party Shorts........just completely overloaded on smaller smokes (ugh) as I rarely smoke cigars that size.

Super Partagas were a recent (in the last 6 months) buy for me (2-3 boxes) all sub $100, they just need considerable nap time IMHO as young, they are a bit rough.

On 11/7/2016 at 5:22 AM, JG3 said:

Super Partagas were a recent (in the last 6 months) buy for me (2-3 boxes) all sub $100, they just need considerable nap time IMHO as young, they are a bit rough.

Been hearing exactly that about recent Super Partagas. A bit rough ROTT, but possibly some great potential with serious legs for the long-term. The Aristocrats and the Mille Fleurs seem to be a bit more approachable at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting here smoking a Partagas MF in Punta Cana, I purchased a box of 10 at Dubai Duty Free for $49USD on your recommendation here, just want to say thanks. After further research, I may prefer the R&J MF which I will purchase a box at Dubai on my way back through, but happy to have the Partagas in the collection. 

I also purchased a box of H.Upmann Royal Robusto's for $128USD and havent yet sampled one, but plan to soon.

For a new cigar enthusiast, thanks again for all the great content on this forum;)

• 2 weeks later...

don't overlook Flor de Cano petit coronas.................one of my faves for years.............

and if you ever find Selectos, let me know.............

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, PaulPower said:

I like pl Monte Carlos. Don't know why our host never has them, but I would buy if he did.
Smoke um slow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do pop up from time to time. Been a while though...

But as I noted above, these are generally above the $100 price point--especially the PSP. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Amazing no one has mentioned Jose Peidras....at $55ish a box they are great cheap cigars.

Many sizes to choose from and a range of taste so you can find what works for you.

• Like 1