Boston Mass. Cigar Scene

It's not great, sadly. You're options are now severely limited now that Cigar Masters and Churchill's have closed.

Stanza in the North End, which is fine with a poor selection but decent booze. You're better off bringing you're own stick and paying the cutting fee.

Koullshi in Charlestown is a really nice ******/cigar bar with a pretty good selection. Nice environment but it's a little more difficult to get to from Copley.

Aside from that, LJ Peretti right next to the Four Seasons and the Common is a pretty good cigar shop.

If you are looking for a cigar bar, I would suggest taking an Uber out to Cigar and Lounge, 56 Dexter Ave, Watertown, MA. It is a fantastically friendly cigar bar, the selection is pretty good, and the owners are very knowledgeable and unpretentious. It's about 5 miles/15 minutes from downtown. http://www.cigarandlounge.com/

• Like 1

If you are looking for a cigar bar, I would suggest taking an Uber out to Cigar and Lounge, 56 Dexter Ave, Watertown, MA. It is a fantastically friendly cigar bar, the selection is pretty good, and the owners are very knowledgeable and unpretentious. It's about 5 miles/15 minutes from downtown. http://www.cigarandlounge.com/

I second this, Cigar and lounge is a very cool establishment. The gentleman who run it are great guys and very knowledgeable. Good selection too. I wish I lived closer because I would go more often. Last time I was there they did not serve alcohol. That is the only bummer. You didn't hear it from me but bring your own coffee and drop whatever you like into the cup.

• Like 1

Last time I was there they did not serve alcohol. That is the only bummer. You didn't hear it from me but bring your own coffee and drop whatever you like into the cup.

Yeah. And there doesn't have to be any coffee in the cup. Just make sure it's covered (a travel cup works great) and be reasonably discreet. They do have bottled water.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had a Don Carlos sitting in front of Peretti's. That's a nice little shop. I also stopped in at Stanza and found it to be very nice. This surprised me a bit as I had been warned not to even bother with it. I found myself just down the street so I stopped in for a cigar and a couple of beers after me and my wife had been walking around the North End. I had a Diamond Crown Julius Caeser that was properly humidified and only about four bucks above retail. Ice cold bottles of Stella were six bucks. I had a really nice time.

• 3 months later...

I believe the North End is it at this point for public places to smoke a cigar.  That being said, if a member is in one town; give me a PM and we can smoke in a private setting.