Fake Behike band?

Hi guys. I am from Vietnam and there is a debate raging here about how the new Behike band should look. Many assert that authentic band should only contain 2 uncut rows of holographic boxes. Others claim that they have their authentic cigars with 2 and half rows. I would really appreciate if you could clarify this matter. Thanks

FB_IMG_1464326747656.jpg

FB_IMG_1464326585749.jpg

FB_IMG_1464326560532.jpg

IMG_20160526_204129.jpg

I mean the new band that has been circulating since 2013- 2014. The problem is that many claim that they get bands with 2,5 stripes of holographic boxes instead of 2 from reliable sources, with barcodes that checked out. Others claim that those are definitely fakes and that only ones with just 2 stripes like in the 1st and 3rd pics are legits, the ones in the 2nd and 4th are fakes. But the former claim that both types are legits and coexist

7 hours ago, hoang said:

I mean the new band that has been circulating since 2013- 2014. The problem is that many claim that they get bands with 2,5 stripes of holographic boxes instead of 2 from reliable sources, with barcodes that checked out. Others claim that those are definitely fakes and that only ones with just 2 stripes like in the 1st and 3rd pics are legits, the ones in the 2nd and 4th are fakes. But the former claim that both types are legits and coexist

What did the cigar taste like?

im curious of this as well. i've circled the holograms of what i think hoang is referring to. 1st pic seems to have 2.5 rows of the cohiba hologram where as the secod pic has 2 rows exactly.

2.5 rows

f4a83acfb1d2f1bd02da176472fcae77.jpg

2 rows

a74bd0049a293369dbfbaa3eb919a075.jpg

Ooooohhhhh. IN the Hologram!

I looked at this thread probably ten times before I finally saw what you were calling out. I kept looking at the rows of white dots. 

I am certainly not a Cohiba or Behike expert, but if one or the other are fake, they are amazing fakes. Maybe the best ever. Haha

I have seen far worse alignment issues on the bands of 100% legit cigars in the past, so I think you guys are probably both alright. 

Does anyone have any experience smoking a behike with the 2 and half rows of holograms? Just checked my stash and and I have a bhk 54 with 2 rows, and 2 bhk 52's that have 2 and half rows. This is pretty interesting, I can honestly say the 54 I had previously was excellent but so far the 52's have not been good, both came from the same source and were singles so no way of checking authenticity. Im now thinking maybe I was scammed. The bands and stick all look amazing and exactly as they should. Never questioned them before. Would be curious to know if anyone has smoked one and their thoughts on authenticity. Could it be simply a label processing error. Thanks guys!

To me the 1st pic is cut off center. It is not 2 full rows, you can see on the right the edge is cut next to the head. Look at the size of  the squares in the first circled pic. It's still only 2 full squares just cut off center.

• Like 2

It's hard to base the authenticity of Havanas upon the band. I've had far too many legitimate cigars featuring bands that were off-centered, not fully embossed, did not feature any expected relief detailing (i.e.: they were perfectly flat), etc.

I don't know how this translates to holograms, but it's not inconceivable that even Cohiba's flashy new bands are subject to the same printer's errors as any other band.

• Like 1

Since they are being produced in Holland by Vrijdag I wouldn't expect the bands to show any such variation.

The very idea behind the new hologram is anit-counterfeiting, so it would appear quite irrational if that token were not consistent.

Only reason I could imagine were different band-widths for the three different BHKs. But the old ones were all identical. I can't comment on the new ones as my BHKs are all pre 2014.

Sidenote - The picture of the new band seems having been removed from the HSA website, while the others are still showing up.

Edit: On second look - Cooper669 is probably right. Seems to be merely an alignment and cutting issue, but the hologram being the same (perhaps someone could grab a calliper and check)

Edited by Fugu

Guest MrRobusto

From what I hear, Cohiba never prints a label with "half printed" boxes, if boxes are cutoff in anyway, usually not a good sign. 

On 6/14/2016 at 9:10 AM, smhnole said:

See this reply from another thread of the same question: 

Don't think this addresses the specific issue in question.  The old thread was about the switch from one design of hologram to another.  This thread has to do with the centering/appearance of the new design.

• 1 year later...

Just came across this outstanding band on a fake Maduro 5 band. Bought in Tijuana. Saw the entire box and it also looked very legit. Laquered, and the cigars looked great except they were lighter wrappers than they should have been. Smoked one and obviously fake. These bands are getting very good. It may even be real. Tough to call.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/nsxgms/media/cGF0aDpNb2JpbGUgVXBsb2Fkcy9JTUFHMTQ4Ny5qcGc=/?ref=

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/nsxgms/media/cGF0aDpNb2JpbGUgVXBsb2Fkcy9JTUFHMTQ4Ni5qcGc=/?ref=

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...