Favourite Cheap and chearful

SlimOne

Old thread, but I’m new here. For my money, cheap and cheerful doesn’t get much better than RyJ Coronitas en cedro. Ton of smoke, flawless burn, obviously very much a cedar taste, but I’d also say something very floral/fruity, or even sweet happening there. For their size, pretty sure they are around a 40 ring and maybe 5”, they burn for about 45 mins and you don’t have to feel guilty in the event you’ve got to walk away. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2016 at 10:15 AM, golfgar said:

Personally have been smoking the Partagas Super Partagas.  Good flavors for my humble palate.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:59 AM, peteando said:

Super Partagas smoking really well ROTT right now (2018 box)

A Super Partagas is my favorite for a stroll.  Good flavors, even burn, perfect length, less than $4, it's a no brainer.  Easy to light/relight with a BIC, can leave the heavier lighters at home.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any Piedras lately? Wondering if there's been any change to the flavor. I only have old stock, almost no taste...

Currently, like others above, I'm liking Super Partagas and Partagas and RyJ Mille Fleurs.  Also liking Quintero Panetelas.  

Cheap cigars can be interesting and tasty. I advise you to pay attention to the aged cigars. Shorts Partagas, Mille Fleurs, Habaneros. The rule is simple-aging is suitable for strong and fragrant cigars. Any small formats of strong brands: Bolivar, Partagas, Ramon Allones, etc.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, nKostyan said:

Cheap cigars can be interesting and tasty. I advise you to pay attention to the aged cigars. Shorts Shorts Partagas, Mille Fleurs, Habaneros. The rule is simple-aging is suitable for strong and fragrant cigars. Any small formats of strong brands: Bolivar, Partagas, Ramon Allones, etc.

I agree, man.  I notice the cheapies like JLP and Quintero tend to lose taste as they age. When fresh, some of them are really flavorful, like the JLP Petit Cetros. Whatever I do, as they age they lose flavor, and some end up tasting like paper.  

At $5 or less for Tubos - anyone liking anything in particular?

6 hours ago, Miguel Gonzalez said:

At $5 or less for Tubos - anyone liking anything in particular?

Some of my favorite $5 or less tubos are the Partagas Corona Junior and I always have some Punch Petit Coronations in my rotation. Both can be found for around $4 a tubo. Highly recommend both of them. Both feature some nice leather and spice while the Punch PC tends to have a little more chocolate and are also some of the most floral smokes I've found as well. I have at least 4 boxes of the Punch on-hand all the time and the Partagas CJ I've been smoking relentlessly for the past year or so. Both around the medium to medium-full range with the Punch being on the fuller side. Definitely worth trying both of these sticks IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, taylorgov2 said:

Some of my favorite $5 or less tubos are the Partagas Corona Junior and I always have some Punch Petit Coronations in my rotation. Both can be found for around $4 a tubo. Highly recommend both of them. Both feature some nice leather and spice while the Punch PC tends to have a little more chocolate and are also some of the most floral smokes I've found as well. I have at least 4 boxes of the Punch on-hand all the time and the Partagas CJ I've been smoking relentlessly for the past year or so. Both around the medium to medium-full range with the Punch being on the fuller side. Definitely worth trying both of these sticks IMO

Thanks for the recommendations and descriptions. I've had a few HU Corona Junior Tubos and HDM Coronations Tubos, but somehow never got inspired to try Partagas and Punch. These would sound perfect to have for when I go golfing, the Tubos will keep the moisture in on the course until I pull them out. 

See, I've had a few experiences with Quinteros and JLPs where they were perfect at 62-63 RH when I took them out on my tupperdor and packed them in my golf bag. By the time I pull one out maybe on the 4th hole or so, they're dry, really dry. Thanks to the dry California weather. So these Tubos sound like the way to go. Sounds like they'd go well with some cold beer or Jameson as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 6:56 AM, Brian24 said:

For my money, cheap and cheerful doesn’t get much better than RyJ Coronitas en cedro.

Totally agreed.

You have to hunt a little to get a good price on these but I think they're a significant step up from Belvederes, Sports Largos and Petit Julietas. More refined. I think the blend is very similar to the Mille Fleurs and the quality of the tobacco is the same.

I had pretty much exclusively been smoking Belvederes as they are a bit cheaper but the CeC but for about $0.50 more per stick the CeC are well worth it.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, VKUTT said:

Quintero Tubulares. 16 for $48. 

Thanks, saw that too. Good golf course smokes!