Crazy Fishing Video

Fosgate

i saw the first pic and no way am i looking. too close to home. still have a scar from where i nearly took off a finger as not concentrating when killing a fish.

but i would have loved a video of an incident on the rocks at fraser a few years back. one of our mates who came up, never fished but would often come out with us in the morning and sit on the rocks and have a beer and smoke ciggies. he was banned when we discovered that one morning he had swapped all our beers for a pack of ciggies with some other mob because he ran out. we were not happy. 

one of the guys who comes every year is perhaps not as talented a fisherman as he wishes (despite what he thinks). he had decided to go with spinners from the rocks. we were hauling in tailor on pillies and he had nothing. three days of this, he was getting mighty pissed. finally, he hooked one. as he is reeling it in, our non-fishing mate is pissing himself laughing. it gets close and he says, 'that is the dummest fish in the ocean' (referring to it being so stupid as to be caught by our mate). as he said it, the fish shook its head, the hooks flew out and with the pressure our mate had on the rod, the hooks flew out and over his head and buried themselves deep into our ciggie-smoking mate's arm. the fish not looking so dumb any more. 

i have rarely laughed so hard. perhaps you had to be there. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On June 22, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Ken Gargett said:

i saw the first pic and no way am i looking. too close to home. still have a scar from where i nearly took off a finger as not concentrating when killing a fish.

but i would have loved a video of an incident on the rocks at fraser a few years back. one of our mates who came up, never fished but would often come out with us in the morning and sit on the rocks and have a beer and smoke ciggies. he was banned when we discovered that one morning he had swapped all our beers for a pack of ciggies with some other mob because he ran out. we were not happy. 

one of the guys who comes every year is perhaps not as talented a fisherman as he wishes (despite what he thinks). he had decided to go with spinners from the rocks. we were hauling in tailor on pillies and he had nothing. three days of this, he was getting mighty pissed. finally, he hooked one. as he is reeling it in, our non-fishing mate is pissing himself laughing. it gets close and he says, 'that is the dummest fish in the ocean' (referring to it being so stupid as to be caught by our mate). as he said it, the fish shook its head, the hooks flew out and with the pressure our mate had on the rod, the hooks flew out and over his head and buried themselves deep into our ciggie-smoking mate's arm. the fish not looking so dumb any more. 

i have rarely laughed so hard. perhaps you had to be there. 

Thanks for Karma

• 4 weeks later...