H.Upmann Magnum 56 Edicion Limitada 2015 (LUB Jun 2015)

Thanks for the review. I have purchased 4 boxes of this 2015 LE and have smoked a few sticks from each box. Though there are definitely some more than subtle differences between boxes; all have been a pleasure to smoke. I concur with you/Rob how special this release is and have my stash aging comfortably. 

• Like 1

Great review as always John. I loved the fact that this cigar had its powerful yet not overbearing moments and also was also able to deliver subtle complexity in flavor. Even if you are like most of the members on FOH and prefer a smaller ring gage than this beast offers, it is indeed a box-worthy cigar (IMO).  Thanks to you and Jimmy for sharing!

• Like 1

Excellent review John.. I love the Upmanns but not a fan of the size.

You have made me feel like trying one out though! Good job

Regards

JC

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cubatabaco said:

The only part of this cigar I'm not a fan of is the price.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

True, and the ring gauge is also a bit much, IMO... but either of them in no way deter from the wonderful cigar it really is.

• Like 2

True, and the ring gauge is also a bit much, IMO... but either of them in no way deter from the wonderful cigar it really is.

I'd love to grab at least a 5er to try.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I just picked up a single locally. A wind-tunnel. Some nice flavours in there but no intensity. Big disappointment for the price.

You must have caught a bad stick. At this point I've smoked halfway through a box, and it's a great cigar, with a superb blend. Just not a fan of the huge ring gauge (and the price), apart from that it's fabulous IMO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I just picked up a single locally. A wind-tunnel. Some nice flavours in there but no intensity. Big disappointment for the price.

That's too bad, this and the HDM EE are two of my top sticks this year.  Could have just been a dud, or...different strokes for different folks.  Cheers.

Bravo sir.  I do not have the patience to hand write a review, especially such a detailed one!  I agree, a terrific stick, I bit the bullet and ponied up the cash for a box from our gracious host.  The ring gauge makes my jaw come unhinged, but it's oh so good!  Well done.  Cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
I've had three of these since that first bad experience. All very good to excellent. So that first one was just bad luck I guess.

Nice! I just took one out to dry box. I'll have it at some point this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk