Tokyo: Hotels and Cigar Lounges

I'm stopping in Tokyo on Monday/Tuesday next week.  Will likely stay at either the Tokyo Station Hotel or the Hotel Marunouchi (have to stay in Chiyoda neighborhood).  Marunouchi was written up as having a nice lounge 3 years ago, but it's not mentioned on the hotel website.  

Any update on Tokyo?  The last thread is 3 years old: 

Looks nice!  However I'll be stuck with whatever my hotel has in it (time and schedule constraints) and will have to book accordingly.  Hotel Marunouchi used to have a good one, hopefully it's still there.

Anybody know if Tokyo Station Hotel has a cigar lounge?

Ended up staying at the Hotel Marunouchi, the one with the "Le Connoisseur" in.  It looked really nice and I would have happily made use of the place but I caught a wicked cold . . . and just in time to hop on a red-eye flight to Saigon. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Tokyo is looking kind of restrictive on the whole smoking thing as well, so next time I'm in town I'll bunk at the Marunouchi again just to be close to a known cigar lounge. Will report then! :cigar:

Ended up staying at the Hotel Marunouchi, the one with the "Le Connoisseur" in.  It looked really nice and I would have happily made use of the place but I caught a wicked cold . . . and just in time to hop on a red-eye flight to Saigon. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Tokyo is looking kind of restrictive on the whole smoking thing as well, so next time I'm in town I'll bunk at the Marunouchi again just to be close to a known cigar lounge. Will report then! :cigar:

Sorry to hear of the cold. If you come through Seoul, I can show you a few good places

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so I made it back to Tokyo, and this time stayed at the other Hotel Marunouchi, this one's called the Hotel Metropolitan Marunouchi.  It's in the same neighborhood and you could practically throw a stone and hit the other Hotel Marunouchi.  This one doesn't have a stand alone cigar bar ("Le Connoisseur" in the other hotel) but it is cigar friendly on one side of the bar: Tenqoo, on the 27th floor.  Brilliant view, nice staff, good bar service and no cutting fee (they don't sell cigars anyway). :cigar:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Conrad has cut off smoking in the lounge for the most part.

Park Hyatt New York bar is outstanding but a $25/pp cover when they have jazz. Pay it. Also a decent cigar menu. The view is unparalleled at night.

Le Conoisseurs are all good, Ginza best-- but good luck finding it! Their own map sucks, nobody working the area knows where it is, and the google-yahoo maps are wrong. Follow your nose....

I was just out there a couple of weeks ago and could not find Le Conoisseurs in Ginza even though I think I was standing right in front of it. Ended up asking at a ship close by where there was a cigar lounge and walked a few blocks to Dunhill's. It had an awesome cigar lounge on the third floor with the Dunhill Clothing store on the floors below. It is for some reason called The Aquarium at Alfred Dunhill. Highly recommend it, here is the address:

2 Chome-6-7 Ginza, Chuo, Tokyo 104-0061, Japan

• Like 2

If you were standing on the same street where Dunhill is (and that small pipe/cigar shop where you and I both must have gone to ask where LC is), then you were never standing in front of LC. It is a couple of streets to the northwest.

Le Connaisseur Ginza is very close to the Lindt Chocolat Cafe Ginza -- just SW along that same street.

Ginza.JPG

Yes, same small pipe shop, LOL. I really enjoyed Dunhill but took a screen shot of your map for next time.

One place you might try is Chardonnay located near Harajuku station.  At the c/o Omotesando Ave. and Meiji more or less.

You need to take the Yamanote train line (Green) to arrive at the station.  E-Mail is;[email protected]

Tel 03-3401-6608.  Fine fine smokes.  A lot of vintage stoogies.  I still have the price list was there in 2015

from the shop.  Cohiba Robustos 05, Trini.'s Robuto T's, Partagas Presidentes, Lusitanias Cabinet, Serie Conn. No. 3

HDM Le Hoyo des  Dieux Anejo '02, Bolivar - Corona Gigante Cabinet, Corona Extra, Dip.'s No.1 '01, SLR -Londales '98,

PUNCH - Super Selection No.1 '02, El Rey Del Mundo - Gran Corona Anejado '01, Quay D'Orsay - Imperial, Gran Corona '02,

Sancho Panza - Bachilleres '99, Corona Gigante '03, Real old - Cuban Davidoff No.1 1980's, Porr Larr. Dunhill Selection No.33 1070's.

Great place to escape the the thronges and gazillion of people.  Some of these price wise were out of my league but hey

I went for some Lanceros.  Not sure if I should quote prices so I won't but anyone going to Tokyo sure should try this place.

Laid back to the max.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, kuma said:

One place you might try is Chardonnay located near Harajuku station.  

Great place to escape the the thronges and gazillion of people. .

Laid back to the max.

Loved this place when in Tokyo earlier this year!

• 5 months later...