No truer words ever spoken - words you live by?

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission.

"Do, or Do not, there is not try."  Yoda.

"its not the critic that counts..."Teddy Roosevelt.  Since the whole line is quoted above, I'll refrain.

"we choose to go to the moon, we choose to go to the moon in this decade not because it's easy but because it is hard."  JFK.

"I thought of it while riding my bike."  Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity.

just a few, I'll add some more later.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never Try To Teach  A Pig To Whistle....It Makes You Look Foolish , And Annoys The Pig.   Better To Remain Silent And Be Thought A Fool Than To Open Your Mouth And Remove All Doubt.  

I know it's long, but I love it     Excerpt from a speech by Teddy Roosevelt:                                                                         Commonly referred to as: "The man i

"Not my circus, not my monkeys."

All good things to those who wait -Yoda

Don't let people rent space in your head

If it's a good idea now, it will be a good idea in two weeks... So wait

We are all eventually millionaires, some of us just our million one nickel at a time.

Saxman

• Like 1

*He who is a donkey and takes himself to be a stallion finds his mistake when he comes to leap the ditch 

*He who slings mud generally loses ground - both of these, Japanese sayings.

*If men swear to do you harm spend your nights asleep; if WOMEN swear to do you harm - spend your nights AWAKE!!! - Old African saying

*Show me a husband who won't - and I'll show you a neighbor who will! -  Redd Foxx

• Like 1

"Think critically and demand evidence"

-NdT

(In the context of reacting to something) "Feel, think about how it made you feel, then think again."

-me

"Find balance within yourself, and you will find balance in the universe."

-me

:idea: Oh, yeah!  One that I recall reading in David Carradine's autobiography concerning advertisements:

"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away"

• Like 1

The most direct route from point A to point B is GPS.  

Nothing is foolproof because fools are so damn ingenious.

Treat everyone with respect - until they give you reason to do otherwise.

Be choosy about the person you date/marry.  Be damn sure they treat you at least as well as you treat them.

So many to choose from, here are a few of my faves;

"He had that rare weird electricity about him --  that extremely wild and heavy presence that you only see in a person who has abandoned all hope of ever behaving 'normally'....." 
    --  Hunter S. Thompson - "Fear and Loathing '72"

"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"
    -- P.J. O'Rourke 

"The trouble with the world is that everybody in it is about three drinks behind."
-- Humphrey Bogart

A bit verbose, but believe it or not, this is from one of my all time favorite TV commercials spoken by a very funny guy, Bruce Campbell;

“If you have it you don’t need it. If you need it, you don’t have it. If you have it, you need more of it. If you have more of it, you don’t need less of it. You need it to get it. And you certainly need it to get more of it. But if you don’t already have any of it to begin with, you can’t get any of it to get started, which means you really have no idea how to get it in the first place, do you? You can share it, sure. You can even stockpile it if you like. But you can’t fake it. Wanting it. Needing it. Wishing for it. The point is… if you’ve never had any of it… ever… people just seem to know.”

Take your secrets to your grave. 

You can never have enough Champagne, whiskey or cigars. 

Don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes (with regard to pleasing a lady).?

Only the insane, have strength enough to prosper. Only those that prosper, truly judge what is sane.

Every man is a spark in the darkness. By the time he is noticed, he is gone forever. A retinal after-image that is obscured by newer, brighter lights.