New winecooler....let this begin

Just got a new 34 bottle wine cooler for a ridiculous cheap price. I live in the south east of the US and my home never goes below 75F. Considering what I'm buying now and the fact that I want the most out of my cigars, I figure this is the best route.

I've read a lot on what people have dealt with here as far as RH in winador setups. I'm just shooting for 60-65rh at 65f. I'll go from there.

I must say thank you to all of the members that have added their insight on these setups. I'll post pics as the setups buids and the collection grows.

Take care2db7b53de71bbae924028191ffcebb66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are your plans for humidity control? 

Right now I have two pounds of 70% beads I've been using in a sealed plastic box. However after a lively conversation here I've learned that the humidity in those beads is truly dictated by the environment and the amount of water if you have in them.

I'm shooting for 60-65rh at 65f. I'll start with my seasoned cedar trays and the beads. I'll add some 65% Boveda packs and see where that gets me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 7:59 AM, Saxman said:

Can I as where you got your trays? You can DM if you want. Nice job on this. I'm a noob so just investigating

For my wineador I am temporarily using cedar trays like the ones you can get on amazon while I wait for my custom shelves/drawers to be built. I would suggest checking out wineadors.com - a guy named Forrest makes some incredible shelves and drawers for wine cooler conversions. He came highly recommended to me. I am still waiting on them, probably ordered 3 weeks ago. I am also using and oasis humidification device. 

• Like 2

Amazon is your friend

IMG_3227.JPG

These are x4/5 the price in the UK - listed at £44 - £50. Ridiculous! Thankfully, the conditions here don't warrant a cooler conversion (even though I'd love to give it a go).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2016 at 5:44 PM, Jimmy_jack said:

Well...this happened quickly. 

We do our best to warn everyone and suggest counseling and therapy. In the meantime, get another Humidor. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest robertsccr5

How's that fan holding up? I bought the same one and it eats through batteries every 30 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk