Monte Open Regata

jwr0201

Been wondering about this line of Montes.  Seems some love 'em, some hate 'em and some say simply meh.  So what's the opinion here?  I've seen Regata boxes of 20 for really good prices lately.  Seems to be a lot of cigar for little coin.  

Bought 15 Open Regata tubos couple of years ago, still have one left, most were given away to cousins to keep me company while smoking. Not a big fan, pretty bland and grassy tobacco - very different from regular Monte (completely agree with TheMonk here) and I do enjoy no.2 and petit edmundo. Only one out of 14 was remotely descent, when smoked VERY slowly and retrohaled on every puff, but still, I would rather go for any other Monte. I'd say skip this one even the price seems to be pretty good(that's why I bought them in the first place).

• 2 weeks later...

For me its usually about liking a flavor profile of a brand and or line of cigars within the brand. I love the Montecristo flavor profile and have some favs within the marca but the "Open" line is lost on me. I can't quite figure out what it wants to be but like all the choices out in the market, there is something for everyone.