New Bolivar Tesoro Salomon RE Germany

Earlier this week at the cigar lounge, a new friend there ,who is also a CC smoker pulled out what I believe is the new Bolivar Tesoro RE. I could be wrong. It was a show and tell, so I didn't get a chance to smoke it but did get this photo. Is this in fact the new RE? Looked like a well constructed cigar. 

IMG_8996.JPG

• Like 2

And I've been so good sticking to my hiatus on RE/LE boxes......damn!

• Like 1

I could be wrong but it looks like a 5th avenue (the German distributors) celebratory/anniversary these due to the band?

German REs usually have 'exclusivo alemania' on the band, although it's been a few years since I've seen any REs from there

It's the 2016 RE for Germany, Austria and Poland. No anniversary. The 2015 RE (LGC Glorias) also are for the entire region of the importer 5th avenue.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fugu said:

...actually, I wouldn't be too suprised to learn it's a Party Salomones dressed up by the Importer for display purposes.... :lol3:

We haven't seen the Glorias ('15) on the shelves as of yet.

Interesting. Also, the Tesoro should have the "Exclusivo Alemania" band, not a "5ta Avenida" band. So where did they get a "5ta Avenida" regional band? The only 5th Ave exclusive ever produced would be the Glorias, which as you've noted, is yet to arrive. No cigar has ever had that band. They would have had to put a pre-production Glorias band and a stock Boli band on a Party Salomones. Quite a bit of work for a cigar that is likely a long way from arrival.

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Quite a bit of work for a cigar that is likely a long way from arrival.

Exactly. Meant tongue in cheek, NSX. Wanted to hint at - it might be way easier to get hold of the bands than getting the real-deal Boli Tesoro at this moment.

As Lotusguy sais, rumour has it that the Boli might also be released for the whole region, so will likely bear the 5th Av. band, too. Those bands have now long been in Cuba for the Glorias, the cigar is about to arrive or has already been received at importer's warehouses.

• Like 1

Interesting. Also, the Tesoro should have the "Exclusivo Alemania" band, not a "5ta Avenida" band. So where did they get a "5ta Avenida" regional band? The only 5th Ave exclusive ever produced would be the Glorias, which as you've noted, is yet to arrive. No cigar has ever had that band. They would have had to put a pre-production Glorias band and a stock Boli band on a Party Salomones. Quite a bit of work for a cigar that is likely a long way from arrival.

As I explained above, "exclusivo Alemana" has been replaced by "exclusivo 5ta Avenida" and the countries expanded by Austria and Poland - at least for the next two RE releases (Glorias and Tesoros). These are the correct bands. If they are the real cigar, who knows. The Glorias and Tesoros were shown officially at the Intertabac show Germany last month.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fugu said:

Exactly. Meant tongue cheek, NSX. Wanted to hint at - it might be way easier to get hold of the bands than getting the real-deal Boli Tesoro at this moment.

As Lotusguy sais, rumour has it that the Boli will also be released for the whole region, so will likely bear the 5th Av. band, too. Those bands have now long been in Cuba for the Glorias, the cigar is about to arrive or has already received at importer's warehouses.

Yep, but I think you're actually right about it though!

CCW is still listing the Tesoro as Alemania, so that needs to be updated. Good info, Lotusguy.

Hopefully the availability for the entire 5th Ave region increases the availability in general. Would love this cigar if it's good. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

CCW is still listing the Tesoro as Alemania, so that needs to be updated. Good info, Lotusguy.

Not sure actually whether this really is confirmed as yet (but likely so, if displayed that way at Inter-Tabac). The Glorias has also initially been announced as being an ER Alemania (in 25er 8-9-8 packaging), which had later been changed.

8 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Hopefully the availability for the entire 5th Ave region increases the availability in general.

Not sure either, produced volume has been kept unchanged at 60.000 sticks.

Not sure either, produced volume has been kept unchanged at 60.000 sticks.

The pics from Intertabac had "5ta Avenida" on them and boxes of 10 for both releases. I think at this point, that won't change anymore - but who knows for certain ;)

I'm just happy if they come out at all and they don't raise the prices even more. ~20 euros a stick is already not cheap but at least with a Rodolfo and a Salomones you get a lot of tobacco for the money.
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

I'm just happy if they come out at all and they don't raise the prices even more. ~20 euros a stick is already not cheap but at least with a Rodolfo and a Salomones you get a lot of tobacco for the money.

And they are more interesting than petit robustos and montescos 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

The pics from Intertabac had "5ta Avenida" on them and boxes of 10 for both releases. I think at this point, that won't change anymore - but who knows for certain ;)

I would think so, too. And it's making sense somehow, for a 10er packaging.

10 hours ago, fabes said:

And they are more interesting than petit robustos and montescos 

Agree - good on them to not bring out another of those (dreaded) formats. However, for La Gloria Cubana, having always been famed for their slender, elegant formats, choosing a Rodolfo appeared a bit paradox to me. It's somehow almost like a provocation. I found this format quite fitting for the 'bold' Boli Belux from two or three years back, but for a Gloria Cubana? I had not been too disappointed I must say, had they chosen to revive some of the classic formats, e.g. the Cetros in its nice SBN Box (but a Cervantes perhaps being too close to the MdO 2), or the Flechas as a special, slender Perfecto would have been a very, very attractive choice to me (perhaps nobody can roll them...?). Or why not even 25-boxes of the old Minutos or the Tapados, for a short smoke (instead of the usual suspects....). I would have stocked them massively! In times of wrapper shortages would have even been a rewarding task for Tabacuba I guess. The Rodolfo format had been the last format coming to my mind for LGC.

• 4 months later...

I had my first one a week or so ago. Unfortunately it was a disaster. Very tight draw that a poker couldn't fix. Had to cut the head off, and then the worst tunneling I have ever seen. Totally unsmokeable. 

Their smell/aroma is actually intoxicating. Reminding me quite strikingly of a fresh cab of BCE. Promising! But I fear I won't know much before half a decade has passed on these....

42 minutes ago, Fugu said:

I fear I won't know much before half a decade has passed on these....

I hate to see a BOTL scared... B)  Why rely on others when you can tell us of their progression?

• Like 1

Sure Aard. Didn't say I don't touch them early on (always do), but I believe this is a cigar that won't be much divulging in its early stages.

But thanks for your kind compassion, brother!  :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fugu said:

Their smell/aroma is actually intoxicating. Reminding me quite strikingly of a fresh cab of BCE. Promising! But I fear I won't know much before half a decade has passed on these....

Agree. This was one of the more interesting releases to me. I nabbed a box, but I am going to have no trouble letting the tobacco take its time to acclimate for some time before sampling. A big smoke like this needs ample time to settle and marry. 

I am excited however as I think 5ta/Alemania has done a good job with their Bolivar REs