RyJ Cazadores - MOE JUL 15 - RyJ review comp 2016

subport

Strong double espresso ready. Guillotin cut. Perfect draw. Toasted tobacco on cold. Rough looking stick. Visible veins and teeth. 

Straight into pepper and spice. Leather comes too. Uff it's strong. Oh yeah that's why I love it. Cherry. Black cherry to be more exact. Darker than the one in the Ex no4. This is dark. Dry earthy stuff. Ok we have a formula here: spice and earth. Earth and leather. Pepper. Spice and earth. Cherry. Earth and leather. Pepper. Spice and earth. Earth and leather. Chery...etc...

The second third remains the same except the pepper is gone. After the halway point it gets darker. I can't get enough of this. The cazzi is a steady point in my weekly cigar ritual. Post lunch smoke on the weekend it is. 

Into the last third no changes whatsoever. Is it a complex cigar? Oh no. We know that. It's not what I'm looking for. It's a full bodied, strong cigar. Fits perfectly for me there. I like the size and the flavour profile so much. Can't recall that much of fruit/cherry in the earlier years. Never had aged or vintage. Love it young and strong. The cherry disappears. Nothing is replacing it. 

Its a simple and gorgeous cigar. 2 hours of smoking time. (Cherry came back to say good bye at the very end)

Lovely.

IMG_1214.JPG

• Like 4

Thanks for a great review subport! However, I often feel the 'non-complexity' being a stereotype sticking to the Cazzies, which by the same token would hold for a lot of other sticks where nobody actually mentions it. I also love them a lot recently, fresh as well as aged!

• Like 1

thank you Gents!

Look Fugu, stereotype or not I do think they are not complex. Like this particular cigar. Was straight forward spice, earth, leather and cherry here and there. No more, no less. No changes. 2 hrs on the same road. But still lovely to me. And yes, I have to agree with you. There are more cigars out there lack of complexity without naming them. But you know negative advertisement is still PR and ad. Till we are talking about cazzies, it gets attention. It means something, doesn´t it?

* I believe we are not always chasing complexity. We don´t need it all the time. So these types of cigars are coming very handy in those situations. I like more of those not only the Cazadores - for sure. So what Im saying is lack of complexity is not a bad thing in some cases...

• 2 weeks later...

I think this stick flies under the radar to many (which is fine by me!!) because of its reputation as a powerhouse and is often deemed an "ugly" cigar (some people are so silly!)

For me, this cigar's richness and straightforward/linear flavor profile is what makes it so unique and a must have in any serious cigar smokers arsenal. Having a variety of flavor profiles is what makes this whole thing  so special. This isn't a cigar for every day or every time but it sure as heck fits a great need/spot in my regular partaking of a good cigar.

I used to put this cigar in with old classic HU#2's and a few others for when I was ISO a straightforward, nothing complex tobacco smoke.

Thanks for sharing!

JG3