the search function can disappear up its own rectum

Ken Gargett

i know some have had issues with the search function. normally i find it not too bad.

today, i have just searched at least a dozen times, in every part of the forum i could get into, for the word, "gin".

the machine assures me that "gin" has never been mentioned on the forum. apparently not once. no doubt others will try it and be immediately successful. i will not be repeating the exercise. i have wasted enough time.

and then there is the 'cut and paste' function this morning. just tried it. it spewed up stuff i had copying days ago. i am gone for the day.

Best thing to do. Go to google (in case you don't know ken, that's www.google.com.au ). And type in ["gin" site:friendsofhabanos.com] type everything in the square brackets. Including the ".

So you know. Replace the word gin with anything else you want to search for. You can also use this search string for any other website by changing the foh address to the other site you want to search from.

The " " are used for "exact matches" so to speak. Searching ["gin"] will return only the word gin however searching [gin] will return all words that contain gin as well such as ginger.

Other tips. Use the + and - symbols. So if I know Jerocco has posted something I can search [unicorns + Jerocco] and it'll bring up where both words are present.

The - sign just removes search hits. So if searching [gin -negroni] it will find everything with the word gin but if it has negroni in it it will not show the search result.

Google is good. Before this site update the search function just wouldn't work for me. Google did its job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

today, i have just searched at least a dozen times, in every part of the forum i could get into, for the word, "gin".

I confirmed for that Christmas Gin too Ken :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, LordAnubis said:

Other tips. Use the + and - symbols. So if I know Jerocco has posted something I can search [unicorns + Jerocco] and it'll bring up where both words are present.

Get bent Mus you hilarious muppet  B)

2 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

Best thing to do. Go to google (in case you don't know ken, that's www.google.com.au ). And type in ["gin" site:friendsofhabanos.com] type everything in the square brackets. Including the ".

no mus (but thanks for trying). it is the second best thing to do.

the best is to give up and not bother. i have taken that option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy Festa said:

I confirmed for that Christmas Gin too Ken :rolleyes:

jeremy, i made an error mentioning it as it is only for those Barrel 1 members (those of us who jumped on 4 Pillars from the getgo). if there is any left, they'll offer it. can't imagine much will be (i'll confess, i did push them last week to allow me to grab some early - didn't want to miss the mailout).

• Like 1