Do these boxes look right?

SCgarman

These are not mine. They were posted on another forum. Are government seals placed directly on Cohiba Esplendido and Sublime boxes? The Tabacuba box seals are all placed next to government seals, instead of under them. What do you think?

1478958857091-376062795.jpg

1478958811514-1531763557.jpg

1478958774016-1192712068.jpg

You will see the routing seal on a legit box occasionally, but the alignment and repetition of them is a red flag.

The Cohiba should have the seals on the outer cardboard box.

Someone was too perfect when doing this wrong..............

at least all of the labels were not tossed into the box !!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, laficion said:

I'm sorry to say but they don't look right at all ,anyway, smoke them , you may like them

after all .I'm sorry!!!!!!!:(

Guy

Not my boxes. They looked bad to myself also. Someone got burned.

18 hours ago, warren516 said:

Shrink wrapped boxes??    Run away quickly.

Why is the shrink wrap bad?

I've acquired a number of boxes that were SW'd (usually with a boveda) - and they were perfectly legit (from reputable sources).

Alot of reputable online suppliers ship you boxes that they shrink wrap in house with a boveda packet inside. This is to guarantee fresh cigars incase your order decides to take the "scenic route" when its on the way to you. If those were shrink wrapped glass top boxes, then id run :D

• 3 months later...

Agreed

On 21/11/2016 at 2:38 PM, BrandonW said:

Alot of reputable online suppliers ship you boxes that they shrink wrap in house with a boveda packet inside. This is to guarantee fresh cigars incase your order decides to take the "scenic route" when its on the way to you. If those were shrink wrapped glass top boxes, then id run :D

3 hours ago, bb360 said:

Agreed

Gents - it is not just the shrink wrap - by far not. This thread had been done by Nov.

But just for the record - most "reputable online suppliers" usually vacuum seal or zip-lock instead of using this type of heat-shrink normally applied to books or technical equ. packaging, which is even not particularly gas tight...