Partagas Lusitanias : ECA JUL 02 : Partagas Review Comp 2016

Philc2001

Cigar: Partagas Lusitanias 
Box Code: ECA JUL 02 
Format: Prominente (double corona) 
Size: 194mm (7.6 inches) x 49
Smoke Date: 09/11/2016

(Read the Full Review)

I reviewed this magnificent cigar a while ago. I don't often smoke cigars this big because it takes so long and I like to really concentrate on my cigar experience when I smoke a great cigar. 

511a8a489b38ce37b8de91b74f4b0e99.jpg

The cigar started off mild, with some sweet pepper and cedar, while the aroma was notably light as was the smoke volume. But it didn't take long for the character of the cigar to develop into rich toasted tobacco, with a big dose of earth and creamy smoothness.

As the second third started to burn the distinct Cuban twang I so covet came out in spades, a beautiful rich aroma of loamy earth with that intoxicating barnyard tone that I find elusive in modern Cuban cigars. The flavor also exhibited flowery and sweet spice undertones heightening the creamy  sensation, a hallmark of Cuban tobacco of this pedigree.

In the final third the cigar spice intensified and a hint of black pepper emerged in the finish. The flavor was wonderfully complex with  essence of sweet pepper, cumin, basil and rich earth dominating the forefront, while nuances of cookie dough, vanilla, and smoldering sweet wood adding to the masterful creamy balance. 

df2673ef8b375fe6066950d136cc83d0.jpg

This cigar brought smoothness and cream like no other, confirming the Lusitanias as the standing flagship of the Partagas marquee.  This cigar is a classic example of the best Cuba has to offer. I rated it 9.5 out of 10 on my personal scale. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...