Questions about going to Cuba bringing back cigars

Morgan

Hi, like many American's it now seems worthwhile going to Cuba mmmmmm good and of course like all us CC fiends we want to bring home some Cubans.

I know there's no limit in bringing CC into USA  for consumption purposes but is there a limit taking out from Cuba? somebody told me there is but I'm not so sure that's accurate.

Are the cigars plentiful or is there a shortage? 

Any other information anyone can provide is most welcome

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Thanks NSXCigar very help-full Still have one question does Cuban customs limit the amount of cigars you can take out of Cuba?

The info is in there in both threads.

20 single customs or 2 branded boxes without facturas (receipts). For more than two factory branded boxes a sales receipt is required. I am not aware of an absolute limit as long as receipts are provided.

1 minute ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The info is in there in both threads.

20 single customs or 2 branded boxes without facturas (receipts). For more than two factory branded boxes a sales receipt is required. I am not aware of an absolute limit as long as receipts are provided.

Is there any problem getting the receipt? If not then all is good.

BTW do you know what the cost are for the Renaldo, Yolanda, etc custom rolls are in Cuba?

Just now, Morgan said:

BTW do you know what the cost are for the Renaldo, Yolanda, etc custom rolls are in Cuba?

I've heard that the facturas need to be asked for assertively as the shops don't expect anyone needs them. 

As far as customs pricing, I have no clue, but some others here surely do. 

I would consider going prior to inauguration day in mid January.  Trump has been saying he is going to undo the Obama executive orders which relaxed travel to Cuba and bringing in CC's.  This could very well happen on his first day of his Presidency. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, stogieluver said:

I would consider going prior to inauguration day in mid January.  Trump has been saying he is going to undo the Obama executive orders which relaxed travel to Cuba and bringing in CC's.  This could very well happen on his first day of his Presidency. 

No no no there's a new Trump Tower going up in Havana LOL

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No no no there's a new Trump Tower going up in Havana LOL

He's going to singlehandedly make Cuba great again.  He's going to build walls all around the plantation to keep cigar beetles out.

• Like 1

Just now, Baldy said:

He's going to singlehandedly make Cuba great again.  He's going to build walls all around the plantation to keep cigar beetles out.

And he's going to legalize gambling everywhere. What could be better Cigars, Gambling, Great Food, Gorgeous Women reliving Kennedy, Marilyn and the early 60's My kind of place!!!!!

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that stores will not provide a factura on house/custom rolls, only on branded stocks

38 minutes ago, polarbear said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that stores will not provide a factura on house/custom rolls, only on branded stocks

That's correct AFAIK but since you can only bring out 20 custom sticks total the factura isn't an issue. 

Actually a couple of shops, not all though, did provide us with facturas (the official form) for house rolls. Alex will do it for you.

Sticks were running between 4-12CUC depending on what and where, mostly toward the lower end.

I doubt there'll be big change to US policy as much has already been sunk into the infrastructure for US domestic flights to Cuba, hotel interests, etc...too much liability I would think, but who knows.....

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Actually a couple of shops, not all though, did provide us with facturas (the official form) for house rolls. Alex will do it for you.

Sticks were running between 4-12CUC depending on what and where, mostly toward the lower end.

I doubt there'll be big change to US policy as much has already been sunk into the infrastructure for US domestic flights to Cuba, hotel interests, etc...too much liability I would think, but who knows.....

This /\

many of us left the island over the limit, seems they weren't really checking, split it up between checked and carry on bags

I didn't even ask for facturas for the three branded box purchases I made. I just put my passport down on the counter during the transaction and I think it was assumed. It does take longer to write them up then the rest of the transaction takes, so I understand why a busy clerk wouldn't want to be bothered with it. Fortunately it was mostly looky-loos in a lot of the stores, there wasn't any rush when it came time to purchase. I even got a couple of winks when the clerk saw my nationality.  I was just over the limit on custom rolls, there were no facturas where I purchased them though. Overall I was a "few" over on my total stick count(100), and just under on the dollar amount ($800, including rum). I split what I had between my checked and carry on, but wasn't asked any questions leaving Cuba or reentering the States. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

From your lips to God's ears I hope!!!!:ph34r:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Never count your chickens before they hatch Mike! January 20 is around the bend.

20 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

How do I contact Alex for the custom rolls please?  I will be in Havana tomorrow for the week.  Many thanks.   

1 hour ago, QuaiDorkay said:

How do I contact Alex for the custom rolls please?  I will be in Havana tomorrow for the week.  Many thanks.   

Just pop in to the Hotel Commodoro and ask. He may be at the Melia Habana as he's covering for Yolanda there while she's on a China rolling tour..it's worth a visit too. Fantastic Hotel, nice shop and lounge.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYgarman said:

Never count your chickens before they hatch Mike! January 20 is around the bend.

Interesting read, paragraph near the end states the potentialities given investments by US companies to date.... Let's hope!

12 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Just pop in to the Hotel Commodoro and ask. He may be at the Melia Habana as he's covering for Yolanda there while she's on a China rolling tour..it's worth a visit too. Fantastic Hotel, nice shop and lounge.

Big thanks!  I heard he does a mean dahlia.  Super excited.