Vancouver

Hi all!

My wife and I will be visiting Vancouver, BC for a short trip in January (have to be in Seattle for work most of the week) and I was curious if there were some can't miss places to go. We will not have a rental car.  Also I know there is not an LCDH but is there a legit retailer I should stop into? Great restaurant? Beautiful sight?

Thanks all!

Chris

Hi all!

My wife and I will be visiting Vancouver, BC for a short trip in January (have to be in Seattle for work most of the week) and I was curious if there were some can't miss places to go. We will not have a rental car.  Also I know there is not an LCDH but is there a legit retailer I should stop into? Great restaurant? Beautiful sight?

Thanks all!

Chris

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are zero indoor lounges and the prices will make your eyes water, unless you are used to Aussie pricing.

As for other stuff, I've yet to be at a bad restaurant there.

Yea I assumed as much.  I know CA is brutal for pricing.  Not necessarily so focused on Cigar stuff for this.  I figured with this group that there were some other regular travelers. 

Yeah Vancouver prices are a f*cking joke. Even by Canadian standards.  Best to bring your own, unfortunately mate. Legit Retailers would be City Cigar, and Cigar Connoisseurs, but the latter jacked up their prices even higher into the stratosphere, so don't even both with them, and City Cigar prices are sky high too.  Gassy Jacks in Gastown can sometimes have some hidden treasures, but the storage isn't always the best, could be dry or too moist.  It's a risk there.

If you like Asian food, check out one of the Guu restaurants around town.  my wife and I love 'em, and go to one of them every time we're in Vancouver.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2016 at 4:05 PM, Denali_21 said:

Hi all!

Thanks all!

Chris

You should hit Gastown. It's the happening part of town with tons of bars and restaurants.

The Diamond is a great spot with really good cocktails.
More of an after dinner place though. But they do have good stuff to snack on. It's a bit hard to find - upper level of two story building.

Pourhouse - upscale pub with great food and cocktails. One of my fave spots for sure

L'abbatoir - upscale,happening spot, great food, great cocktails

If you're into beer you must go to The Alibi Room

Near the Alibi is another of my faves - Cuchillo - Great for a small bite and a few dozen beverages

Chambar is an institution in Vancouver. Very cool room. Good food. Buzzy. Belgian influence.

Ask for Luigi if you want Italian

• Like 2

Thank you @DrinkSmokeGolf

On 12/22/2016 at 0:51 AM, hoyopr said:

City Cigar for cigar purchases,

Restaurants many, where will you be staying and what types of dining do you like? 

We love seafood and we plan on staying in Downtown (I travel quite a bit for work so it'll be a marriott)

• Like 1

Joe Fortes is pretty good, nice large selection of fresh seafood as well as chops and steaks. The wife and I were there last week as well as Boulevard, both are nice and both are big on oysters.

http://www.joefortes.ca/menus/

http://boulevardvancouver.ca/menu/core

if you're at the Pinnacle, Carderos is close by and nice for lunch, good view of Coal Harbour and good selection on the menu.

https://www.vancouverdine.com/carderos/menus/#section-1

Aru at the Fairmont  is also close to the Pinnacle,

http://www.orucuisine.com/food-drink/

There are plenty of others, but these are some ones we enjoy that do ok.