Video Review - Cohiba Lanceros

Ferrero

You can all shoot me down for this one. It's been sitting idle on YouTube since Christmas Eve and I completely forgot about it over the break. 

Rob left a little Christmas message in there so just hold on to it until Christmas this year ;)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fugu said:

:clap:Was really waiting for the honey note, when Rob was asking. Thinking, "honey", when will you mention "honey", Rob?....:D

So was I. I was glad when he mentioned it too! :ok:

5 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

can't believe i wasted my good sherry on that heathen.

Haha! :rotfl:

By the way, was the box code or age of the Lancero mentioned in this video? Was it a '14, '15 or '16 Lancero?  I had '06 Lancero about 6 weeks ago and I found it interesting when you mentioned the change in the second third of your cigar.

16 minutes ago, JohnS said:

By the way, was the box code or age of the Lancero mentioned in this video? Was it a '14, '15 or '16 Lancero?  I had '06 Lancero about 6 weeks ago and I found it interesting when you mentioned the change in the second third of your cigar.

john, i think he said 14.

4 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

john, i think he said 14.

Cheers Ken. I'm not so sure that the '06 Lancero I had such a large change through the thirds, however, that's okay as younger Cohiba can have this complexity and be still very, very good.

23 minutes ago, JohnS said:

So was I. I was glad when he mentioned it too! :ok:

MUO ABR 14

• Like 1

Who poured the beer ? Was from the best Bar in the world :rotfl:

great review guys as always 

Thanks Ken I have been drinking Brooklyn Brown (read brown ale )of late (if you can get it ) .Not as heavy as a Stout but very good none the less 

creamy nutty characteristics,doesn't pair to bad with a cigar,next time you speak to Rob ask him about the Stout he was drinking on his trip to Perth ( second thoughts he might not remember it  :rotfl:) but he was pretty impressed,it called Nail Stout ,from the nail brewery here in Perth ,I think it's an Oatmeal Stout 

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0299.PNG

They also do an Imperial Stout 750ml bottle about $80 ..it would want to be goood at that price 

cheers Steve

7 minutes ago, OZCUBAN said:

Thanks Ken I have been drinking Brooklyn Brown (read brown ale )of late (if you can get it ) .Not as heavy as a Stout but very good none the less 

creamy nutty characteristics,doesn't pair to bad with a cigar,next time you speak to Rob ask him about the Stout he was drinking on his trip to Perth ( second thoughts he might not remember it  :rotfl:) but he was pretty impressed,it called Nail Stout ,from the nail brewery here in Perth ,I think it's an Oatmeal Stout 

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0299.PNG

They also do an Imperial Stout 750ml bottle about $80 ..it would want to be goood at that price 

cheers Steve

yes, i think at $80, that might be a bit of a leg pull.

rob remember the name of a beer? good luck.

there is an old joke that the reason our most popular beer (about 99% of the market before craft beers started kicking in, and still probably 95%) is called "XXXX" is because Qlders can't spell beer. i think it is because otherwise rob would forget what he had drunk.

• Like 1

No offense Ken but I am with Rob on the sherry. My hosts served Fino one night and, like you, said finish it or you'll get nothing else.  They couldn't figure out why a lot of plants were dead the next morning. Northing worse than a sherry fascist...

12 minutes ago, Drguano said:

No offense Ken but I am with Rob on the sherry. My hosts served Fino one night and, like you, said finish it or you'll get nothing else.  They couldn't figure out why a lot of plants were dead the next morning. Northing worse than a sherry fascist...

i had not the slightest doubt that there was no chance it would be finished. i do understand that there are plenty out there who detest the stuff. but good sherry is truly heaven on earth. i have no problem at all with that (and promise not to try and ban anyone who disagrees).

Ah! Good sherry... maybe that was the problem. I will keep an open mind. Now I do recall drinking a sherry and enjoying it when some of it was added to a soup.

5 minutes ago, Drguano said:

Ah! Good sherry... maybe that was the problem. I will keep an open mind. Now I do recall drinking a sherry and enjoying it when some of it was added to a soup.

needless to say, i served ayala good sherry but he has tarmac for tastebuds.

in the soup? i despair! they always used to say a good amontillado went well with turtle soup. which horrifies me even more.