BEHIKE 56 from Cuba

Duffer

You have blk market cigars.

If you hang onto them make sure you freeze them or you might have big problems. Also even though fake they might not be terrible to smoke......risky.....you might be surprised.

Lasr time in Cuba my son (16yrs at the time) Picked up "RJ short Churchill from a life guard at the resort. Those were very good

On 2/9/2017 at 11:06 PM, Lotusguy said:

Looks like fake cigars in real packaging. There is a market for empty packaging.... maybe that's how these came about.

Yes, you may be right...

14 hours ago, SlimOne said:

You have blk market cigars.

If you hang onto them make sure you freeze them or you might have big problems. Also even though fake they might not be terrible to smoke......risky.....you might be surprised.

Lasr time in Cuba my son (16yrs at the time) Picked up "RJ short Churchill from a life guard at the resort. Those were very good

Good thoughts... thanks for the reminder on freezing them, I did burn one, not bad for what they are... 

On 2/10/2017 at 7:28 PM, PigFish said:

Mate, I'll tell you what!

I don't smoke BHKs, I call them BigHillBillies. But I think it sucks that you have been taken, and as a retired Marine, you deserve better than this! You send me your addy at [email protected] and I will send you a couple real Cohibas. No, not these overpriced, oversized donkey dongs, but a nice Siglo 3 from '07 and perhaps an '04 Cohiba Robusto!

As Sam in Casablanca once said, 'this should take some of the sting outta' bein' occupied.'

I don't know what my friend Rob here sells in the way of the way of BHKs, I would say save your money, but email him, Rob, our host... He sells real cigars and I will happily vouch for him. He is a personal friend, and an honest cigar vendor, and if he gives you some ideas about good cigars, a place to start, you take his advice. He won't steer you wrong.

Thanks for your service! Welcome to the forum... God bless the Marines! -Ray

Ray,

Thanks for your kind words, and do appreciate the gesture, which I will reciprocate with a couple of nice sticks for you in return..  Do you fancy Padron?  I have many nice ones.  Also PDR AFR75, which is my favorite smoke thus far.

I assume you are referring to  Rob with the CUNTINT site here?  I did order some Partagas Serie E from them.  Anxously awaiting their arrival.

I  will shoot your an email.

P.S. All thoughts and appreciation should go out to all military folks who have served during the last 15 years in those unfriendly locales... I had a charmed 29 years in between Vietnam and all the recent stuff.  Been retired 12 years.

Best to all!

Dennis

• Like 3

Dennis,

... only Cubans today my friend, but the offer is generous. You may certainly send me something if you wish, but it was never an implied requirement and I have enough cigars to last a lifetime. I look forward to your email, and since I have a few cigars to send to another friend here, it is a good excuse for delaying going to the post!!! -LOL

You folks that represent my liberty at home and abroad, deserve better than you often get. Thanks again for your service... retired or not.

Yes, the Cuntint 'guy,' that would be Rob and his staff a Cigar Czar. You should be perusing his 24/24 sales if you are not now. It is atop the 'Waterhole Forum.' While it can be a challenge with its carnival game type atmosphere, any one with a quick 'double tap' can get in there once they get the swing of it. You can read about what you need to 'play along' at the top of the forum and when he posts the sales. The popular cigars can sell quickly.

I would suggest again, that rather than blindly order, you reach out to Rob and get some first hand input on his stock, or even start with some samples he will pull. Unlike buying blind he actually acts like a tobacconist and will assist you if you are courteous about it. Tell him I told you to reach out. He will not let you down.

If you want Cohibas he will tell you what you should be buying from is stock if you ask. Of course if you would like to pay less and start to get your feet wet with Cuban cigars, ask him what is smoking well and what he might recommend. HIs birthday is tomorrow so if it takes him a few days to get back to you, you can trust his staff as well.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Look forward to your email. -Ray

• Like 1

On the box of Behikes with the white box code sticker. It says Jan '17. Shouldn't that be "ENE 17" for Enero? Do Behikes or any other Cubans have box codes with the English abbreviations for months?

It's amazing to see how legit some of these look. For someone like myself who does not have as much experience, it's a bit alarming.

On 2/14/2017 at 1:09 AM, Danimalia said:

On the box of Behikes with the white box code sticker. It says Jan '17. Shouldn't that be "ENE 17" for Enero? Do Behikes or any other Cubans have box codes with the English abbreviations for months?

It's amazing to see how legit some of these look. For someone like myself who does not have as much experience, it's a bit alarming.

Good catch on the date code.  That one completely escaped me.  

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov
On 2/9/2017 at 11:06 PM, Lotusguy said:

Looks like fake cigars in real packaging. There is a market for empty packaging.... maybe that's how these came about.

The outer packaging is the first red flag to my eye. A legit Behike box has a smooth, glossy finish. No visible texture or imperfections.

20170218_082849.jpg

20170218_082919.jpg