Daniel Marshall humidor quality concerns

bogeybogey

hey guys. first post here. I picked up my first humidor, a daniel marshall 30100 and was pretty excited to get it.

However, after inspecting, I noticed a few things that concerned me.

1) The right side of the lid when closed is not fully sealed

2) Concerns regarding the craftmanship (please see pictures attached)

first, the left side of the humidor side wall isn't even flush like the right side.

second, in one corner, there is a gap between the cedar lining.

Is this common with all the other DM humidor owners out there? Am I simply being a nit?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_7884.JPG

IMG_7885.JPG

IMG_7887.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

18 minutes ago, hoyopr said:

And what did the retailer or manufacturer respond to your questions and concerns?

I've reach out and waiting on a response. The retailer is about an hour away so I asked if I could stop by and pick another one out from his stock. 

So I take it this is not common with DM humidors? 

I can live with the side wall not being flush. 

My main concern is the lid not fully closing. I did the dollar bill test and the bill came out way too easily compared to the other side.

My goal for this desktop humidor was to simply throw in Boveda packs do its thing. But if there is a bad deal, it means that I would have to swap out packs more frequently, right?

from researching on this pages, it seems like thin weather seal can help with the seal. 

I have a beautiful DM with a wonderful seal. Your looks like is had been mishandled from the factory to the dealer. By mishandled I mean dropped. I'd take it back and exchange it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Williamos said:

I have a beautiful DM with a wonderful seal. Your looks like is had been mishandled from the factory to the dealer. By mishandled I mean dropped. I'd take it back and exchange it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Hope to hear back from the retailer soon.