Top Five Strongest now...

This has likely been covered, but perhaps an update might be in order. While some cigars have a reputation for being full flavored others less so. I also know what was a strong cigar back in the day may be less so now...they change, the blend changes, etc. In your opinion, what are the top five strongest flavor/strength now?

I think generally Bolivar and Ramon Allones represent the most full-bodied marcas at present, with Partagas just behind these two. My recent five strongest cigars were...

1. Bolivar Belicosos Finos 

2. Bolivar Corona Gigantes 

3. Ramon Allones Club Allones 

4. Ramon Allones Specially Selected 

5. Montecristo Petit Edmundo 

• Like 3

For last couple of years these have been hitting the top of the charts:

SLR Incas

LGC Paraiso

JL #1

Bolivar Super Corona

RyJ Cazadores

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

I think generally Bolivar and Ramon Allones represent the most full-bodied marcas at present, with Partagas just behind these two. My recent five strongest cigars were...

This for regular production cigars. 

2 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Not easy to pick out the strongest 5, but for regular production my 4 are:

JL1/2

Boli Tubos No 3

Partagas Aristocrats

Partagas Super Partagas

This is close to my list. Just switch the JLS1 with RyJ cazadores. 

Guest Nekhyludov

Strongest I've had in the past year:

1) PSD#4

2) JL#2

3) Trinidad Ingenios (not regular production, but still readily available)

4) BBF

5) SLR Regios

definitely the RYJ cazadores, party d4 gave me a slight buzz a few times towards the end (love nubbing the cigars) a bolivar no 2 that had 10 years on it believe it or not really hit me towards the end as well and the juan lopez 2 really nice kick to it as well - even aged these cigars still give a nice kick so imagine them less than a year old!

56 minutes ago, Dave001 said:

definitely the RYJ cazadores, party d4 gave me a slight buzz a few times towards the end (love nubbing the cigars) a bolivar no 2 that had 10 years on it believe it or not really hit me towards the end as well and the juan lopez 2 really nice kick to it as well - even aged these cigars still give a nice kick so imagine them less than a year old!

Yeah anybody who doesn't rate RYJ Cazzies in the top 5 simply hasn't smoked many of them, IMHO

5 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Fonseca No. 1

Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas

I admit, I didn't see these two coming, especially the first one...

Perhaps recent RASCC are relatively strong compared to some other cigars, but I've been smoking RASCC for a long time (except 15/16 production) and these have always been a solid medium or just under medium strength stick for me. About the same strength as El Principe IMO. The BCJ, to me, has always been stronger than the RASCC (much stronger prior to 1998).

Also interesting to see RASS so often here. RA as a brand hasn't been what I would call strong for nearly 20 years. Should be a very true medium strength cigar when good. Are recent production RASS and RASCC stronger than they have been? Haven't had either RASS or RASCC since about 13/14. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I admit, I didn't see these two coming, especially the first one...

Both were based on newer production boxes; 2007ish?  I had two boxes of Fonseca No. 1 that were quite strong, dark and oily...  I know the Marca is not known to be a strong cigar, but these boxes were...  Keep in mind this strong compared to Habanos which just really aren't so strong to start with. 

I would've added Sublimes, but that is a cigar that is not so easily sourced...

Guest Nekhyludov
1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Also interesting to see RASS so often here. RA as a brand hasn't been what I would call strong for nearly 20 years. Should be a very true medium strength cigar when good.

I've had a few 2014 RASS and picked up a 2016 box. They never struck me as particularly strong. Rich and complex, sure. Fantastic smokes that are part of my regular rotation now. But definitely not the full-on sensory assault of a PSD#4, IMO. 

21 hours ago, JohnS said:

Agree with the exception of the RASS I've had of late. But those Petit Edmundo Aye Caramba!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nekhyludov said:

But definitely not the full-on sensory assault of a PSD#4, IMO. 

I see the PSD4 in several "strongest" lists an can't say that I agree based on my experience.  Aged or young I find PSD4 to be medium in strength, the main difference being that young are edgier with a bit of mongrel in 'em and aged are very smooth with better development of flavors.  I love 'em both ways.  PSD4 is always in my regular rotation.     

• Like 1

For me:

1) BBF

2) ryj cazadores

3) Partagas Lusitanias

4) Partagas d4

5) Monte PE/ RA Club Allones ( full strength and power, both ones I've had have kicked my ass)

with about a year downtime the RyJ Cazies / Petit Edmundo are right in the zone for me.

Love the Monty short stubed "Petit Edmundo" working through a box from Feb 2016

wonderful just wonderful.  Great smoke to have in a place where the temps. can

go down past freezing days on end (North East in the States) which

is a pain in the arse. Can't wait to move to a warmer place like Florida, Cali. or even

the south of France / Spain.  Soon!

Yes BBF I was expecting and maybe RJ Cazzies, but surprised to see RASS and PSD4 which have always been Med for me. Even the Petit Edmundos are Med for me. I was expecting to see some more Partagas names on here. Not surprised at all with BCG.  Last RJ Julieta I had put a knot on my backside (2 yrs ago) and was curious to see if anyone else had that experience. It was from a box with at least 18 months on it.

Last night I smoked a 2005 SCdlH La Fuerza that was much stronger than I expected.  Recent production La Fuerza are full-flavored and usually a touch over medium (in terms of strength), but this aged stick was a powerhouse.