Top Five Strongest now...

Topping an old thread here, but I'd like to revisit this...

Just had an ALO JUL 16 Partagas Presidente (from our gracious host) that that actually had me feeling it in my gut.  I can't even remember the last time I felt a bit tilted after a cigar, at least since I weaned myself off of Macanudos and went down the Habanos path 20 years ago!  Not even recent RyJ Cazadores really do this to me any more.

This Presidente was certainly up there with Punch SS2 or the old SLR DCs for me in strength.  (Never had the opportunity to try the legendary La Escepcion Cazadores Mirarar.)  Is the Partagas strength of old making a comeback?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TheGipper said:

Topping an old thread here, but I'd like to revisit this...

Just had an ALO JUL 16 Partagas Presidente (from our gracious host) that that actually had me feeling it in my gut.  I can't even remember the last time I felt a bit tilted after a cigar, at least since I weaned myself off of Macanudos and went down the Habanos path 20 years ago!  Not even recent RyJ Cazadores really do this to me any more.

This Presidente was certainly up there with Punch SS2 or the old SLR DCs for me in strength.  (Never had the opportunity to try the legendary La Escepcion Cazadores Mirarar.)  Is the Partagas strength of old making a comeback?

Good to know. Did it seem bitter or harsh at all? Some of the smaller Partagas offerings from 15 and 16, particularly the Super Partagas, have certainly been strong but a bit rough. 

On 2/13/2017 at 0:38 PM, Smallclub said:

:blink: This is one of the mildest cigar produced in Cuba IMO…

I just got another box recently and not as strong as the previous one...  Has some unique incense flavors that I don't recall in any other Habanos.  Have only had one cigar out of the box though...

Agree that RASS PSD4 are medium - for me, a strong stick is a vigia.I remember my first one, in havana. Found it to be powerful, but with a splash (not just a shot, a splash!) of good cuban rum, it can be mellow.

Any Bolivar selection, particularly the Tubos

Partagas de Partagas, Partagas Seleccion Privada No.1

Ramon Allones Gigantes