Fayetteville, AR?

Guest Nekhyludov

Guest Nekhyludov

I'll be heading to Fayetteville, AR on business for a couple of days in mid-March. Anyone have any recommendations on where to enjoy a smoke and do some work (preferably a place with coffee/non-alcoholic beverages and wifi)?

Just from looking around online, it seems that Open Door Cigars is a popular option. 

• 4 weeks later...
I'll be heading to Fayetteville, AR on business for a couple of days in mid-March. Anyone have any recommendations on where to enjoy a smoke and do some work (preferably a place with coffee/non-alcoholic beverages and wifi)?

Just from looking around online, it seems that Open Door Cigars is a popular option. 

Sorry for just seeing this now. Next time you're here, shoot me a DM. Open Door Cigars is what you're looking for (free coffee and wifi, no problem smoking CCs). I work from there quite a few days a week and will be more than happy to get your first cigar of the day from my collection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you make it north of there (about 15-20min), there is a cool place in Bentonville called One Eyed Jacks. Very large lounge and humidor. Full service bar with a bunch of whiskey. Right off the highway. I don't often go down to Fayetteville but @encephalization has been trying to get me down there. 

While you're in Bentonville, I'd highly recommend visiting Crystal Bridges art museum and stopping in for lunch somewhere around the square. If you need some recommendations, feel free to shoot me a PM.

• Like 2

One Eyed Jacks in Bentonville is the premier smoking lounge in the area. Not only well worth the drive, but an absolute must visit. 

Open Door in Fayetteville isn't worth the time wasted walking in. Old building, small humidor, and no booze, smells awful. 

One Eyed Jacks on the other hand is without a doubt one of the nicest lounges I have ever been in, on any continent. 

21 minutes ago, LandCruiser said:

One Eyed Jacks in Bentonville is the premier smoking lounge in the area. Not only well worth the drive, but an absolute must visit. 

Open Door in Fayetteville isn't worth the time wasted walking in. Old building, small humidor, and no booze, smells awful. 

One Eyed Jacks on the other hand is without a doubt one of the nicest lounges I have ever been in, on any continent. 

People have different opinions, clearly. I think Joe's place is worth a visit (there were a bunch of us up there to support an event just a couple of weeks ago), and while I don't share your view that it is one of the best lounges in the world I would not say anything negative about One Eyed Jacks. No doubt, they are completely different places but your view of ODC seems oddly unfavorable to me. I am not sure when you were there last but seeing as they've served alcohol in the new location since the move, you might want to drop by again.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, encephalization said:

People have different opinions, clearly. I think Joe's place is worth a visit (there were a bunch of us up there to support an event just a couple of weeks ago), and while I don't share your view that it is one of the best lounges in the world I would not say anything negative about One Eyed Jacks. No doubt, they are completely different places but your view of ODC seems oddly unfavorable to me. I am not sure when you were there last but seeing as they've served alcohol in the new location since the move, you might want to drop by again.

Yeah, its been several months since I was last in there. First time I went was a few years ago. Dark dingy place, no ventilation, no room to sit. Went back to what I presume is their new location a couple months ago to buy a couple singles, did seem a bit nicer. But, nothing to separate it from any other little B&M. 

One Eyed Jacks has a great selection, excellent ventilation, seating, tons of TVs for sporting events, and a full bar. In the grand scheme that is a rare combo. 

Had nothing like it in Chicago, and in regards to amenities it goes toe to toe with what you get across Europe and elsewhere in the world. (Minus the excellent Cuban cigars of course). Truly a gem in our own backyard. 

I will be in the area in June for a family reunion, is it cool if I reach out to some of you locals closer to that time for any new info or meet up?

I like my  extended family but they are absolutely not cigar folks so an escape would be nice.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 1LegLance said:

I will be in the area in June for a family reunion, is it cool if I reach out to some of you locals closer to that time for any new info or meet up?

I like my  extended family but they are absolutely not cigar folks so an escape would be nice.

Of course man, just comment on this topic again and we will arrange a meet up. Cigars are pretty popular around here it seems. Relative to most places anyway. 

Thanks LandCruiser....

Oh and we will have to talk 4wd's, I had a 1994 70 series Troopy I brought over from Oz, loved it but the stick shift and my fake leg didn't mix well. If you ever get on ih8mud.com I am 1leglance over there also, along with expeditionportal.com

• 1 year later...

Gents, I'm new to FOH and NWA. Moved to NWA a little over two months ago. Would love to meet up and have a cigar if anyone is still in the area and interested.