Tribe by Sebastian Junger

rhcolbert

So I have 2+ hours in the car regularly and went for this on audio. Reccomended given my interest in jack Donovan and other authors. 

I wont get into the details as I can't do it justice. Commentary on how we are hard wired to live together vs what modern society is.  

chapter that hit home was on PTSD.  I personally don't have it, but have experienced the unnamed issue that he brings up in the book for returning vets. We slap it under ptsd, but reintegration to civilian society is more appropriate.   

Ill freely admit it; I sat in the damn parking deck of my civilian job crying this morning. I felt like someone had sorted out the madness that was my experience coming home back in 2014.  All the issues that almost ruined my life and marriage and cost me civilian job at the time, junger is able to put them succinctly. Made me realize I'm not crazy and the experience i had/have is fairly common.

Cannot reccomend this short book enough.  Know this is a cigar board, but I've always found cigar smokers to be contemplative individuals I could always rely on for good, REAL discussions. 

• Like 3