M Plus Question

mygar

Hi folks, i ordered a M Plus (not THC) from Bob. This is not my first cabinet, nor the first from Bob. Whats the best plan for providing adequate circulation?

It comes with 2 fans... but am asking for an additional 2... maybe more depending on response from our local experts here.

Do to my smoking rate, and vitola preferences... this size is a little bigger than i need... but intentionally ordered a little larger to provide room for adequate circulation.

Per reading of threads found here... i plan to have the fans turn on when humidifier runs... and intermittently when its not.

Currently, im debating the placement of these fans.

Thanks!!

I've had my M Plus for about three years now.  It came with the standard two humidifiers with fans placed on the bottom of the box.  Works great as it was designed to do.  My cabinet is full and I've had no problems with it at all running the rH in the low 60's. 

3 hours ago, stogieluver said:

I've had my M Plus for about three years now.  It came with the standard two humidifiers with fans placed on the bottom of the box.  Works great as it was designed to do.  My cabinet is full and I've had no problems with it at all running the rH in the low 60's. 

To clarify, the humidifiers themselves of course, have large fans. Additionally, Bob installs two smaller fans in these units near the upper drawer area. Are you saying that your small fans (not associated with humidifiers) are installed at the bottom? Thanks

3 hours ago, mygar said:

To clarify, the humidifiers themselves of course, have large fans. Additionally, Bob installs two smaller fans in these units near the upper drawer area. Are you saying that your small fans (not associated with humidifiers) are installed at the bottom? Thanks

Mine came with only the two humidifiers/fans on the bottom.  They're located in the rear corners of the unit.  No others.  I have boxes behind the boxes, which concerned me at first due to lack of clean space between the shelves, but I've have had no problems with quality/aging/smoking.  The units are located in the rear corners of the .cabinet.  I also have Xikar hygrometers (calibrated twice/year) at the bottom and on the middle shelf to help monitor the built in hygrometer/thermometer at the top, and at most there's never been more than a 2% difference between the bottom and the top.  Bob produces a proven product. 

Aristocrat feb 2017.JPGab

IMG_1900.JPG

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, stogieluver said:

Mine came with only the two humidifiers/fans on the bottom.  They're located in the rear corners of the unit.  No others.  I have boxes behind the boxes, which concerned me at first due to lack of clean space between the shelves, but I've have had no problems with quality/aging/smoking.  The units are located in the rear corners of the .cabinet.  I also have Xikar hygrometers (calibrated twice/year) at the bottom and on the middle shelf to help monitor the built in hygrometer/thermometer at the top, and at most there's never been more than a 2% difference between the bottom and the top.  Bob produces a proven product. 

Aristocrat feb 2017.JPGab

IMG_1900.JPG

I know Bob's work as this is my second cabinet of his. Excluding the mini, i would be very surprised that any of his cabinets are shipped without small fans for circulation. 

They easily can be missed. Pull your drawer out and stick your head under there... two small fans should be mounted on the upper backside of the cabinet.

I apologize up front if you are certain there are no fans and have looked. 

I would be surprised that a cabinet like yours left the shop without additional fans installed.