Anyone else using the sensorpush sensors?

BellevilleMXZ

I have one in my Aristocrat with a wifi gateway -- just to provide a bit of remote telemetry / monitoring.  Nice to see what your humidor is doing so you can call remote hands your wife to take action if needed. :) 

I calibrated mine with the 75% Boveda pack kit, and it was spot on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's great.  

• Detects when my humidor needs a water refill before the sensor's alarm goes off.
  • Graphically watching the changing RH as temperature changes is a visual education in how these factors are related.
  • I splurged on the wifi gateway, which also works great.  I can monitor from anywhere now.
  • Bought a second sensor.  Will now either monitor the top and bottom halves of my Aristocrat, or else toss the second one in the NC storage.  ...But do I really care that much about the NCs?  Nah, probably not...
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Loving them so far.....nice to be able to watch RH and temp without lifting the lid

where's the fun in that?

are you some kind of a sicko?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, garbandz said:

where's the fun in that?

are you some kind of a sicko?

LOL good point.....I do miss having a look and smell! In all seriousness though, I always was quick with the opening and closing, as its dry in the house in the winter. Now that I have these, I'm surprised to see how quick the RH drops, and comes right back. Quite interesting to look at the graphs.

I'm gonna trial the tag sensors and see how they do for a meat freezer. I will also benchmark the rH measurement in a few other applications and see how it performs. 

Hard to find a rH sensor that will be better than +/- 3% accuracy unless you want to spend a couple of hundred dollars to get +/- 1.5% with a calibration certificate.

The company offers a good return policy and prepaid return shipping if not satisfied.

40 years ago I kept my cigars just fine,no zip-zap electronic crap and no hi tech digital probes and bells to go off and ruin your nap.

stop underthinking everything in your life and relax.

It's not rocket surgery..............:whip: