My new Hotel Nacional ashtray.

I picked up a larger version of the gray one pictured above late last week.  By earlier this week, there was only a variety of the smaller ones, but they had a number of different designs, including the two pictured.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, seattledude said:

Where did he find them? I had friend just came back couple of days ago and he tried to buy one but there wasn't any for sale. Is it because of festival or they don't sell them any longer? 

He went to the Hotel Nacional giftshop and there they were, just as I hoped they would be!  This plan has been in the works since Autumn.  Was also going to have him seek a box of BCGs for me but thankfully, El Presidente posted them on 24:24 and we scored a box there!  The BIL had just these to grab for me, if he could.  I was fortunate that they had them....have heard that there are periods when they don't have them...sold out!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pharmacovigilant said:

Thank you Brother!!  Didn't see this one coming... Bomb outta nowhere! (and a heavy one at that).  Jaw still hurts from hitting the floor, and yes I've been coveting one of these for a long, long time.  I will treasure it always.

Totally my pleasure!  I was fortunate that Bruce found two!  As a result, I was able to have one too.  If only one could come back, that was yours.  I'd just wait till the next time he was to go down, next year!

14 hours ago, 83Nation said:

Great find! I didn't see any for sale at the Hotel either though, Obviously wasn't talking to the right amigos! emoji12.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect you were the victim of unfortunate timing.  Looks like boopdeep bought one and I bought two....might've just caught a time where we largely bought them out.

4 hours ago, madandana said:

Very generous . That's what it's all about. Thanks for being a great BOTL.

Absolutely amazing. True BOTL. 

I wanted one of those for long time. Maybe someday I will be able to have a privilege to own one. 

2 minutes ago, seattledude said:

Absolutely amazing. True BOTL. 

I wanted one of those for long time. Maybe someday I will be able to have a privilege to own one. 

Truth is, they're actually even nicer in person.  Great weight.  Obviously hand honed/etched.  Imperfect in a nice human-made way.  I do feel privileged to own it....coveted these and was fortunate to have a BIL who travels to Cuba about annually.  To learn that Pharmacovigilant had the same desire was a surprise...shouldn't have been.  He's my partner, having split a bunch of boxes!  The least I could do was to make it happen, if possible!  Have faith....you'll find a way to make it happen!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrusso14 said:

I missed getting one on my trip. Nice man told me they would "be in tomorrow between 9 & 1". Of course my flight was at 10am the next day so never got to see if he was telling me the truth or not. :(

Sorry, Brother!

12 hours ago, SenorPerfecto said:

These are available at the Concierge counter (souvenirs) at the Nacional for 20 CUC. There are a few models but these are the medium sized version of the classic ashtray. I bought the exact same selection of two -- pink and gray. Not huge, but also light enough to drag around Cuba for a week!

The concierge counter had about a dozen different types of the ones pictured in the original post for 20 CUC.  The next size up were 31 CUC, and I only saw one of these while there, and I bought it!  They sell larger ones as well, but did not have any in stock while I was visiting late-February.