Passive-aggressive cigar complaint...

yes, one does try and be courteous but when tossers assume that they can lob an hour after you and then have you stop doing what you are legally entitled to, it does get the back up. i remember being in helsinki and went outside a pub to smoke at a table on the footpath. there was no one else there, at any table - it was a bit cold and about 10 in the morning - and the pub had no problem, they brought me out an ashtray.

then i spot this woman walking up the street towards me. she is making faces and waving her hands about to clear the imaginary smoke from about 20 feet away from me. the problem was that there was a good breeze blowing, coming from behind her towards me. a pack of bulldogs could not have smelt a thing from her position. it was all for show and there was only her and me there. so i made absolutely certain i puffed out as much smoke as i could as she did get near to me so she could actually smell what it was really like. if she had not carried on, i would have held off taking a puff as she walked by.

She was probably just flirting with you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

When I think of the Dalai Lama I think of his appearance on Masterchef a few years ago or his shopping adventure in Coles at Neutral Bay. I mean would the Pope or the Queen do that? Dalai Lama...right on, punch on!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JC67 said:

My lovely wife went to hear the Dalai Lama speak when he was out here Some time ago

she mentioned that he said " sometimes you actually need to punch someone" 

ever since then I have felt much better about my occasional thoughts

feel free to take this advice from the Dalai Lama on board.

love the dalai lama - any bloke who wears redskins colours every day...

A few years ago we were all at an end of year get together and we ended up at Dean Merlo's local Lawn bowls club. We had been happily chucking the big black balls at the little white one and after Rob and I were standing out by the gate smoking cigars. This girl came up to us and asked what kind of marijuana we were smoking.

F#@$k I laughed.

• Like 2

@Orion21 - great story ! It's so easy to tell who are the women who have/had a great relationship with their fathers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Reminds me of the time five years or so back a mate and I went to Siglo in Melbourne on a Friday night after work. It's basically one of only two places where smoking cigars is still permitted in the city. It is, for all intents and purposes, a cigar bar (and one of the last remaining).

We're 20 minutes or so into our first CC (SLR Regio from memory) enjoying the evening and a few drinks when a couple of women come in, dressed to the nines. They politely ask if they could use the other end of the couch we were on. Sure.

"No worries, it's all yours."

My mate and I continue our conversation when just minutes later I notice that familiar look of constipated disapproval and the over-dramatic hand-over-face waving technique so often employed by the disapproving.

"Ahem, would you mind?" comes the unwelcome suggestion.

"No, not at all," I reply, taking a puff while pulling out a couple of churchills and placing them on the table in front.

"These beauties are up next."

Needless to say they left unimpressed and I had done my good deed for the day. After all, it is a goddamn cigar bar!

It's like these people go out of their way to find something that 'offends' them.

• Like 3