CC-280E vs CC-300

bogeybogey

Hey guys, recently purchased a Newair CC-280E for about $360. Super excited. Then I see you can now get the Newair CC-300 for $227! 

Curious to hear if anyone has experience with both. Is the CC-280E worth the extra $133? The CC-280E hasn't been unboxed so would be easy to return it. 

Thanks

I thought I had a post about it somewhere.  But when I called newair the customer rep didn't know either.  However,

I've learned that the main difference is the 280 vs 300 is temp rating and 280 has nicer shelves and drawers vs the 300's 

machine made shelves.  

I have the 300 which has 74deg Fahrenheit at max temp in the upper range.  If I keep it unplugged here in SoCal.  It stays at

68/68 at the moment.  

My advice, coolerdor it until you get a larger humidor.  I maxed mine out in 3 months...  First world problems, hahaha. 

14 hours ago, el chino said:

I thought I had a post about it somewhere.  But when I called newair the customer rep didn't know either.  However,

I've learned that the main difference is the 280 vs 300 is temp rating and 280 has nicer shelves and drawers vs the 300's 

machine made shelves.  

I have the 300 which has 74deg Fahrenheit at max temp in the upper range.  If I keep it unplugged here in SoCal.  It stays at

68/68 at the moment.  

My advice, coolerdor it until you get a larger humidor.  I maxed mine out in 3 months...  First world problems, hahaha. 

Hey chino. Thanks for your reply. 

I decided that I was gonna keep the cc-280 and so I opened it up. TBH, I was very very disappointed with the quality of the cedar components. Also, not sure if this is standard but my unit was an AW-280e. I guess they simply took the AW-280 (wine cooler), added cedar trays and call it a cc-280e?

in any case, I returned the "cc-280e" and purchased a cc-300 which arrives this week. Figure I can buy extra smokes with the money saved. 

I will say this, these winedors look small and I can see how they would get maxed out in no time. 

On 3/14/2017 at 7:58 AM, johnnybogey said:

Hey chino. Thanks for your reply. 

I decided that I was gonna keep the cc-280 and so I opened it up. TBH, I was very very disappointed with the quality of the cedar components. Also, not sure if this is standard but my unit was an AW-280e. I guess they simply took the AW-280 (wine cooler), added cedar trays and call it a cc-280e?

in any case, I returned the "cc-280e" and purchased a cc-300 which arrives this week. Figure I can buy extra smokes with the money saved. 

I will say this, these winedors look small and I can see how they would get maxed out in no time. 

Good choice.  However, you might be even more disapointed with the 300's cedar.  I was told by a newair rep that the 300 had cheaper cedar construction.  I knew this going in but opted to get the 300 for it's upper temp range. 74deg if I remember correctly and the 280 is 66deg.  Unplugged here in So Cal its at 68 right now.  Keep us posted on your experience with it.