Cohiba authenticity???

fugi_y

i agree. why bother.

keep them on hand for some drunk friend who insists on smoking your good cigars.

The reason would be some fake Cubans are still better than some NC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@fugi_y, sorry to call this out as a joke.  Those are some seriously fake Cohibas, but I can see how a newbie wouldn't know better.  I was there once.  Sorry you got taken.  Stick around and you'll learn a lot here and won't be taken again.

• Like 1

okay? wouldn't that be even less of a reason to destroy them? i don't understand what is to be gained.

I have actually had a few fakes that were good. I only would try one after breaking other open to see what was inside.

I have had some NC seconds better than other regular production cigars too. So you don't know, may be a decent smoke...? Most whole leaf fakes are made better than Cuabas

3 minutes ago, Mattygukas said:

I have actually had a few fakes that were good. I only would try one after breaking other open to see what was inside.

I have had some NC seconds better than other regular production cigars too. So you don't know, may be a decent smoke...? Most whole leaf fakes are made better than Cuabas emoji12.png

i agree you can get some decent fakes - i have a few in the humidor we picked up at various times in havana. agree re cuaba. but i'm still lost as to why not smoke it? if it is decent and our friend enjoys it, smoke the other one. he will at leastr have got something back on his dosh. if not any good, save the other one for some dodgy mate who insists on a cigar at 3am.

but what will he gain by opening it. he is going to see... tobacco (if it is really crap, perhaps some other leaves or even newspaper).

i agree you can get some decent fakes - i have a few in the humidor we picked up at various times in havana. agree re cuaba. but i'm still lost as to why not smoke it? if it is decent and our friend enjoys it, smoke the other one. he will at leastr have got something back on his dosh. if not any good, save the other one for some dodgy mate who insists on a cigar at 3am.

but what will he gain by opening it. he is going to see... tobacco (if it is really crap, perhaps some other leaves or even newspaper).

I would always open one up in case it's floor tobacco...I saw those once and tossed the ten pack. (I knew they were fake but the wrappers looked great...inside dirt, hair, etc). I don't want my worst friends smoking that crap.

Is that what you give Rob when he comes over

2 minutes ago, Mattygukas said:

I would always open one up in case it's floor tobacco...I saw those once and tossed the ten pack. (I knew they were fake but the wrappers looked great...inside dirt, hair, etc). I don't want my worst friends smoking that crap.

Is that what you give Rob when he comes over emoji38.pngemoji38.png

didn't cohiba have a cigarette or something very similar at one stage? i was always told that was floor tobacco. i suspect it would be less horrendous than most cigarettes.

i understand what you are saying but the bloke has two. seems silly to destroy 50% for no real reason. for me, better to smoke them and compare the experience with smoking real ones. i think he'd learn a heap more doing that than cutting one up. but if he wanted to do that, i wouldn't lose any sleep.

and you don't want to know what rob brings over.

I just love cutting up fakes just to see whats inside sometimes on the rare occasion it is long filler!! not everyone cares obviously but I do and im sure others do as well

On 3/10/2017 at 7:06 PM, fugi_y said:

No harm done. I'm a grown man.emoji16.png I wish this thread is a joke, but it is not. I dropped 800 pesos on this pack.emoji19.png

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Live and learn.  And considering the value of 800 pesos, I'd say your lesson was pretty cheap.  There are much worse horror stories out there!