Personal Kryptonite

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Redheads are my kryptonite, but for other reasons!

Something you have tried and tried .... but you just can't get it.  Perhaps something that makes no sense.....but it/they just freak you out every time.    ......your personal kryptonit

Southern Comfort.  High School nightmare that lives on 35 years later.

Guest robertsccr5

Rum.

I just don't get it. I've tried one recently and it's just too sweet. I have a large collection of bourbon and a couple rare scotch but rum I just can't do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I dont want this to come off wrong, but I dont really have a kryptonite. ..a thing I just cant get. I'm kind of a collector of skills, learning comes pretty easy.

Relationships, now.. theres a platform I can stand on.. Maybe, perhaps, its being the perfect, no, adequate husband or father. I've failed and failed and continue to fail at that..

For me, it's electricity. I build things, use power tools regularly, am a solid craftsman. But anything inside the electrical box just freaks me out. I can know the electricity is off (because I turned if off) and I'm still terrified to change a light switch or anything involving the electrical in my house. I just know I'm going to die. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CigarAsh said:

For me, it's electricity. I build things, use power tools regularly, am a solid craftsman. But anything inside the electrical box just freaks me out. I can know the electricity is off (because I turned if off) and I'm still terrified to change a light switch or anything involving the electrical in my house. I just know I'm going to die. 

Me too. I had a minor in astrophysics in college, but amps and ohms and all that remains Greek to me to this very day. 

Online dating. I despise it with the intensity of 1000 suns!! What happened to the days of people actually meeting or talking to each other in a book store or coffee shop?? OK, OK I won't get started ..... But I have to run, I have some swiping left/right and the sending of flirts, likes, messages and favorites to catch up on ... sigh.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, TomF said:

Guts...offal...organ meat...of any kind.

It disgusts me.

8 minutes ago, SirVantes said:

Gin.  Still undecided whether those botanicals taste better going down or coming back up. 

You two are both crazy! Give me a Hendricks/Tonic and some head cheese or a little scrapple and I am like a pig in shit! :P

• Like 3

Oysters - I know people get excited over these things, but they do absolutely nothing for me.  I was in Florida for this past New Years with my friends and they bought a big box of these things.  We ate all of them chasing each one with a shot of vodka.  I was told that we need to disinfect so that we don't get sick.  Probably not the case, but it seemed like a great idea and that is the only part I actually enjoyed out of the whole experience.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

You two are both crazy! Give me a Hendricks/Tonic and some head cheese or a little scrapple and I am like a pig in shit! :P

I'll gladly split a haggis or some boilito misto with you.  But there's no way you improve alcohol by tossing in twigs, leaves and a fruitcake minus the cake. :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Corylax18 said:

You can eat all the guts you want, just save me the sirloin and tenderloin. And the bacon.

• Like 1

Raw onions.  Its not just the taste but how it affects my body in the aftermath.  Sometimes I wonder if I am allergic to them.  

Grill them, roast them, sauté, stew, steam, I don't care how you cook them.  I can deal in small doses like salsa or ceviche.  But the line is drawn there.

The thought of those people that put a thick slice of a raw red onion on a burger is insane to me.

• Like 1

Whisk(e)y, in any of its forms.  After getting deathly ill on the stuff during a college fraternity pledging "event", I can barely stand to smell the stuff today.  I want to love single malt, good bourbon, what have you, and many of my BOTLs here and elsewhere do.  I just cannot stand the stuff.  Rum, gin, pretty much anything else lies somewhere on the spectrum between acceptable and highly desirable, but no whiskey.  The difference between the best and worst drams I've had is the difference between guzzling gasoline or kerosene.  

- MG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moryc said:

Oysters - I know people get excited over these things, but they do absolutely nothing for me.  I was in Florida for this past New Years with my friends and they bought a big box of these things.  We ate all of them chasing each one with a shot of vodka.  I was told that we need to disinfect so that we don't get sick.  Probably not the case, but it seemed like a great idea and that is the only part I actually enjoyed out of the whole experience.

The big horsey ones from the southern states or mid-Atlantic can give one pause, that's for sure.  Before you write all oysters off completely, however, try some of the smaller ones, such as kumamotos, from the Pacific NW or sweet malpeques from PEI. No hot sauce, no horseradish or ketchup to make up for bad flavors.  Just their natural saltiness with maybe a touch of shallot/vinegar mignonette. Subtle, slightly briny, fresh and squeaky clean, with no need for any "disinfectant"--although champagne is the classic accompaniment!

• Like 4