Personal Kryptonite

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Redheads are my kryptonite, but for other reasons!

Something you have tried and tried .... but you just can't get it.  Perhaps something that makes no sense.....but it/they just freak you out every time.    ......your personal kryptonit

Southern Comfort.  High School nightmare that lives on 35 years later.

Guest Nekhyludov
6 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

perhaps i should have been more expansive.

so they'd be the Deepwater Horizon specials then?

That isn't funny, Ken. Louisianans have worked long and hard to rebuild livelihoods and businesses in the aftermath of that disaster. 

not intended to be at the expense of the businesses but more to highlight the disaster (but i did think it was a smidge amusing).

for what it is worth, i have not purchased a drop of petrol from BP since the disaster (yes, i'm sure that has had bugger all effect on the bottom line) nor, for that matter, from exxon/esso since valdez.

• Like 1

Women they are a bag of emotions and feelings .

They hold on to things from years ago that you don't even know about .

I have mastered the art of non listening

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SirVantes said:

So the collective FOHer is an alcohol-intolerant, iodine-deficient guy, holed up in a clean room surrounded by rat/roach traps and an electric fence he's too afraid to turn on? What a lovely Howard Hughes nightmare.

Some how I doubt there's any alcohol intolerance with this group. :D

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SteveH said:

Undercooked/runny eggs.  I'll take them lightly browned and scrambled; thanks.

Oh my god same, I always have to say kill my eggs when I eat out... any slight wobble and I will throw up and I am the same with Jelly :)

• Like 1

Port wine - it's too sweet for me, doesn't enhance my cigar smoking experience at all.

Vodka - a good mixer, but straight or on the rocks it tastes like rubbing alcohol smells...I've never tasted rubbing alcohol, of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gusto616 said:

Port wine - it's too sweet for me, doesn't enhance my cigar smoking experience at all.

Vodka - a good mixer, but straight or on the rocks it tastes like rubbing alcohol smells...I've never tasted rubbing alcohol, of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ah, rubbing alcohol. there were days as students when we would have got down on our hands and knees and prayed for something that good.

• Like 3

Noisy or plainly disgusting eaters. This includes open mouth "washing machine" eating, 10 digit finger sucking, cutlery biting, using crockery as a goddamn church bell, for no reason apart from the fact, in being part ape, offenders are literally only coming to terms with using tools and therefore cannot effectively portion a spoonful of matter into their gobs, without thrashing at the ceramics 1000 times.

The very very worst account of disgusting eating I ever saw, was on a train in London. A 20 something was opened a packet of cheese an onion crisps (whilst wearing black woollen winter gloves). If it wasn't bad enough that he started eating the crisps with this gloves still on. He began to lick and suck the powdered flavouring off the bobbled wooly gloves, creating a kind of cheesy saliva msg batter on his hands.,,,,,, Utter utter dirty bog heathen!!!!   People like this should be removed from polite society with those lasso poles they have for dangerous dogs, and thrown into active volcanos

Strangely belching and burping have no effect on me, as in some odd compartment of my brain, historically it's a show of approval to the chef, basically a round of applause, but with you mouth.

• Like 2

There are certain bands that people like that I simply am unable to connect with.

I keep these to myself because I don't want to be guilty of my second pet hate: people raining on others' parades. People love something and it's not hurting anyone, let them...

Getting criticised for liking cigars, that wears thin very quick.

Oh, and in a collaborative work situation, having to accommodate an alpha male without listening skills. Imaginary haymakers swing there too.

Did I mention the over-bureaucratisation of Australian public life?

And....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm not too fond of electrical work but car batteries make me week in the knees. I was present when a car was jump started incorrectly, as in negative to positive and vice versa. Don't try this at home.

Runny eggs, oysters, organ meat, spiders, snakes, and heights.  A plane is no problem obviously.  A roof is no good for me.  Any ladder over 6 feet is a no go!  Maybe it is a fear of falling rather than heights.  Where do I send my man card?:D

Thanks for the posts here guys, I have to agree with most! I will only add the term "real artist".

As an illustrator and painter who sells work pretty much every week, I hear comments a lot. I have been doing this for decades. Very relaxed about it really, and think I am very lucky to do it. My studio is also my cigar cave.

But tell me, your mom or friend is a "real artist" and you will get an earful about how all artists are real. This includes my reference to a guy who makes a sculpture out of snot too.

CB

14 hours ago, PuffDaddie said:

The best oysters are from The gulf of Mexico off the coast of Louisiana.

Freshly shucked... squeeze of lime juice and a dash of hotsauce or horse radish. I'll take 2 dozen.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GrouchoMarx said:

Freshly shucked... squeeze of lime juice and a dash of hotsauce or horse radish. I'll take 2 dozen.

Love them... a couple of dozen too. Groucho, invite all to Ottawa for some Malpeques! Lots of FOH's there too.

CB

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canadianbeaver said:

Love them... a couple of dozen too. Groucho, invite all to Ottawa for some Malpeques! Lots of FOH's there too.

CB

Geez... now ya got me going... just might have to pick up some this weekend!

Wifie can't stand raw oysters so maybe I wait until she has a "girls night out" LOL

• Like 1