Suspicious Bushido?

javonazul

dicko   

• dicko
  • Members
  • 2,504 posts

It is beautiful sunny day so ive an opportunity to have this long smoke.

9066bc7503e88eb96fcdef7751c90558.jpg

Lightish wrapper. Thin and supple. Great construction. Draw and burn was perfect throughout.

8b8837cba8058cc2ca3bc9163430b7d4.jpg

922f504538056ec894bedd222235e51d.jpg

Cold draw is christmas cake spices like nutmeg and cinnamon.

First third has a distinct burnt marshmallow flavour! Haha yes i stole that but it did taste like that.

There is a spiced wood character like sandalwood at the core. Coffee cream but milder blend coffee.

Not much spice in the nose but woody.

Geberally smooth but with some slight rough edges due to youth no doubt.

Builds into a slightly darker flavour in third third. More coffee and some earth.

I forgot to take a photo towards theend but i had 3 or 4 long ashes over an inch for each.

Overall a complex medium bodied cigar with a ton of flavour. Of course these are spenno so i will not buy more than the 5iver i went into a split for but a very good cigar worth the coin if you have it.

I would score it a 94.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

LordAnubisJohnSJoker and 1 other like this  Like this

OZCUBAN   

• OZCUBAN
  • Members
  • 4,224 posts

Great review mate I might have to revisit one of the ones I have left 

cheers

dicko likes this  Like this

subport   

• subport
  • Members
  • 1,016 posts

Good review, thanks. Dont have any myself but hope I will try

dicko likes this  Like this

TheMonk   

• TheMonk
  • Members
  • 849 posts

Very nice, have to try one of my singles sometime soon!

javonazul   

• javonazul
  • Members
  • 5 posts

To all my Australian especially Asia Pacific Friends.

My friends. I am buying from a certain SE Asian Retailer a box of Diplomáticos Bushidos. I already have a box I hoy in Japan, but I have been looking for other. 

The retailer sent me pictures of the cigars (close ups) and they seem perfect, the lacquered box is great and also the outside black special cover. Still, I have two issues that I need to double check:

- First the box doesn't have the brown cardboard box that comes with. The provides says Habanos ditched that box in the last few batches and put the green sticker right in the lacquered box (the box from Japan got the sticker in the brown cardboard not directly in the box).

- Second the date is from 2016. The provider says that as it happened with Robusto Supreko, Habanos SA continued to make the Bushidos during 2015 and the beginning 2016. 

Have you had a box with these characteristics or can verify that those two points are true?

thanks !

1. Minor issue with packaging (inc. labels) need not suggest anything dodgy.  Especially if the wooden box and black outer box is there and looks good.

2. It is not uncommon for dates to range into the next year with special releases. I've seen this before on the forum. I believe an explanation that has been offered is that the cigars may be rolled in 2015 but they don't physically get boxed until 2016. Or they may not even be rolled until 2016 so even though they are marketed as a "2015" release they are actually 2016 cigars and are marked at the factory as such.

I hope that helps but I'm sure other more knowledgeable members will chime in. I can understand why you are checking, the Bushido's were very hot property since day 1 and are expensive so would be a "good" target for Fakes. 

47 minutes ago, dicko said:

1. Minor issue with packaging (inc. labels) need not suggest anything dodgy.  Especially if the wooden box and black outer box is there and looks good.

2. It is not uncommon for dates to range into the next year with special releases. I've seen this before on the forum. I believe an explanation that has been offered is that the cigars may be rolled in 2015 but they don't physically get boxed until 2016. Or they may not even be rolled until 2016 so even though they are marketed as a "2015" release they are actually 2016 cigars and are marked at the factory as such.

I hope that helps but I'm sure other more knowledgeable members will chime in. I can understand why you are checking, the Bushido's were very hot property since day 1 and are expensive so would be a "good" target for Fakes. 

Thanks my friend! Nice info. I got another person told me he had seen many TOS 16 boxes around. This + your information I guess almost checks all the boxes of LEGIT. Also, of course the code matches in the Habanos SA site. Thanks ?? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, javonazul said:

Thanks brother!
All good then?

They look, smell, feel right but I would see if there is a way to ask El Jefe here what he thinks.  Havent smoked one yet, I usually give newly arrived boxes at least 90 days