Customs!!!

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/topic/121034-custom-house-rolls-in-cuba-where-to-send-someone/

There is some info in the other threads in this Cuba Travel Forum here too.  You may need to spend some time looking through them.  Lots of other useful info in there about getting receipts for the customs so they don't get taken when leaving the island.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kbb said:

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/topic/121034-custom-house-rolls-in-cuba-where-to-send-someone/

There is some info in the other threads in this Cuba Travel Forum here too.  You may need to spend some time looking through them.  Lots of other useful info in there too about getting receipts for the customs so they don't get taken when leaving.

Just looked through the thread.  I appreciate the help!

• 1 month later...
On a related note, are you allowed to take more than 50 custom rolls out of Cuba?  I was reading that Cuban customs only allows 50 cigars that are not in original boxes with seals......  TIA

believe that's the case but I have heard of different strategies to increase that number.. I leave a week from today and would love to bring home considerably more than that as well so if anyone has input I would love to hear it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'll be there in June and July. If you like Cohiba, don't miss Alex at the Commodoro and Yolanda right next door at Melia Habana. Bring family with you! I use mine as mules. 8 bundles per person shouldn't be too hard with proper planning.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BolivarSmoker said:

The wife and I moved our trip up. We leave Monday! I'll post my experience with this when we return.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Smart man, if you live in the U.S Don't know how much longer we will be allowed to go..

• Like 1

The wife and I moved our trip up. We leave Monday! I'll post my experience with this when we return.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

we leave Friday June 9th.... how long you there for?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On a related note, are you allowed to take more than 50 custom rolls out of Cuba?  I was reading that Cuban customs only allows 50 cigars that are not in original boxes with seals......  TIA

Got back last night. Went through security at Terminal 2, which I was told by a guy who worked at one of the LCDH was more laid back than Terminal 3? Who knows if that is always true. I had 500 cigars on me in two carry-ons. Some boxes, some custom rolls. After my bags went through the x-ray machine they saw that I had cigars. This girl pulled me to an inspection table and asked if I had facturas, which I then handed her. She just smiled, handed them back to me and said, "ok." She never even opened my bags.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice and smooth! What did you get?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was fortunate to get a some Monsdales. Jorge had 27 sticks. I bought him out! Got a bunch of Reynaldos stuff in various sizes. Also got some La China robustos, only size she had at the time. Really good though. Picked up a handful of lonsdales from Yolanda and talked to Alex and got some El Laguito #2. He was working in the Melia Habana that day as his new shop was opening next door on Friday. He's awesome, so outgoing and marketable. The shop in the Comodoro has closed and I wasn't able to make it back Friday for the opening of the new store. Also snagged 13 various boxes. All in all, somewhere between 500 and 600 sticks. It was a great week!

54 minutes ago, BolivarSmoker said:

I was fortunate to get a some Monsdales. Jorge had 27 sticks. I bought him out! Got a bunch of Reynaldos stuff in various sizes. Also got some La China robustos, only size she had at the time. Really good though. Picked up a handful of lonsdales from Yolanda and talked to Alex and got some El Laguito #2. He was working in the Melia Habana that day as his new shop was opening next door on Friday. He's awesome, so outgoing and marketable. The shop in the Comodoro has closed and I wasn't able to make it back Friday for the opening of the new store. Also snagged 13 various boxes. All in all, somewhere between 500 and 600 sticks. It was a great week!

Sounds like a score..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...