North Korea ?? Your thougjts

With tensions rising on the Korean peninsular what are your thoughts ? on this potentially dangerous situation, what do you think might happen 

maybe this a case in point of what happens when you don't finish the job first time around 

cheers ? 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think they need a regional edition. 

Sticking our noses into other peoples business hasnt worked out too well for us the last few times has it? If they start invading another country then deal with them swiftly, no problems. They aren't

I think most people miss some of the most fundamental points when they think of North Korea. There is a lot of disinformation and misguided rhetoric on both sides of the DMZ. One of the key misunderst

What will I think will happen? Has Kim Jong-un heard of Manuel Noriega and Saddam Hussein? As it's commonly decried, "ignore history at your own peril!"

On a lighter note, I forgot to warn our dear friend @Fuzz last night at the Sydney FoH Get Together to beware of beautiful Vietnamese girls who'd like him to smell their handkerchiefs next time he's in Kuala Lumpur Airport.

• Like 3

Thanks John but as we all know very well we all know what happens when a dictator is removed recent history tells us that ?

• Like 1

I think they need a regional edition. 

That just may be the missing piece of the puzzle. But in a seriousness, NK is a non issue. KJ really has it made in his current state of affairs. He gets to run his mouth and saber rattle all he wants, and then tell his people how great NK is, and because they are cut off from the rest of the world, they don't know any better. All of that goes away if the rest of the world has to come in and straighten him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find North Korea very sad, but fascinating.  To basically isolate and brainwash a whole country of millions for generations is unbelievable.  I am a bit skeptical that the regime would do anything to really escalate a conflict with superpowers...but the nuke component is pretty scary.

A lot of saber rattling. Nothing new. The only difference is instead of one crazy crazy MoFo we now have two. Wouldn't put it past either one to push past the brink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

What will I think will happen? Has Kim Jong-un heard of Manuel Noriega and Saddam Hussein? As it's commonly decried, "ignore history at your own peril!"

On a lighter note, I forgot to warn our dear friend @Fuzz last night at the Sydney FoH Get Together to beware of beautiful Vietnamese girls who'd like him to smell their handkerchiefs next time he's in Kuala Lumpur Airport.

I'll have you know @JohnS, I have better hair than that nutbar. I'm already wary of one pretty Viet girl, but she's waving around a Bible, not a hanky. :lol:

My thoughts on NK? Ring it with steel and concrete, let nothing pass. Deny all commerce and travel to and from the country. Eventually they will capitulate.

• Like 2

I'm thinking the likely target if DPRK goes nuts is Tokyo due to the massive effect it would have on world financial markets (not to mention historical animosity toward Japanese aggression towards Korea).  They could damage the West most with that move, more so than hitting a US Pacific base.

Dangerous situation with a psychotic short fat Kim dictator with a severe inferiority complex in charge of the world's 4th largest standing army.  Complex problem because innocent countries would surely be targeted, even though fat boy's animosity is primarily directed towards the US.  Question is whether China would get involved should there be a first strike against NK by the US.  Korean Police Action II would come to no good end if China and the US came to odds again.  NK alone would be a problem, but not an impossible task to solve.

Fat Kim has his people firmly under control for now, because he is killing off his closest personnel at an alarming rate and the ones still around are terrified not to obey.  Look at the sad grins and forced smiles on even the generals faces when Kimmie even grunts.  At some point, you would think that the military would just simply put a cap in his fat dumb ass and be done with it!

• Like 4

Chubby school bully.  Leave him in place.  Iraq and Libya whose dictators where removed allowed

something much more brutal to fill the void; ISIS!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, archosaur said:

I find North Korea very sad, but fascinating.  To basically isolate and brainwash a whole country of millions for generations is unbelievable.

True indeed and again, this flick comes to mind as it is one of many rumours this regime has brainwashed their own people with. ;) 

True or not its funny as hell.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, jwr0201 said:

At some point, you would think that the military would just simply put a cap in his fat dumb ass and be done with it!

That's the one thing that's always crossed my mind in the last few years. How have his closest top brass not snuffed this guy and his whole family Roman emperor style? If one thing has been proven, it's that no one is safe around this guy, even those previously thought to be untouchable. Really impressive that this guy is still alive at this point. 

Anyway, my general thoughts are that DPRK isn't really a serious threat. They have a large but ineffective army akin to Russia's in the 1930s. Their nuclear capability is very limited. Maybe a few very small-yield devices that might actually work in practice. I don't think they could launch a missile anywhere important that wouldn't be shot down. They have established a pattern of saber-rattling and getting relief or aid for decades. I think China is the holder of all the cards and if they actually started cutting off support for them as they should have done a long time ago they would totally collapse. From there, a Chinese & S. Korean contingent would have to cooperate in liberating these poor hostages that are the North Korean citizens. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JohnS said:

It is always dangerous to ignore history.  It seems like something happened there in the 50's.  I don't think it ended well, but the details escape me.  I mean there's no way a puny county like Korea or Vietnam could defend itself against a super power.  And No Way would Russia or China get involved. :unsure:

• Like 4

They also have a very large amount of chemical weapons. Specifically, advanced nerve agents such as the binary form of VX. South Korean intelligence estimates they have a very advanced bio weapons program as well. They easily have chemical weapons in the thousands of artillery pieces pointed at South Korea and they have brainwashed "special forces" Who would be willing to act as suicide fighters to bring bio weapons into another country either in by infecting himself or just bringing a bag of smallpox or anthrax and having a larger group spread it around. There are some papers that detail South Korea's ideas of how North Korea would react. I also do think they are going to have to be dealt with somehow. I hope we're keeping track of where the leadership is and we probably should've gone ahead and built or start building neutron bomb's again to limit fall out in South Korea which will be impossible but I don't see a way of taking out the regime....unless, we really know where they are in the about that was closed off and hardest country to gain Intel on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk