Why do you smoke cigars?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

because I spent 20k on them for some reason and now i have to smoke them  

They're easier than women.   I always know when I'll get one.  If I want more than one I can get more than one.  One after the other or two at a time... If a cigar isn't pleasing me I t

Aroma therapy

11 minutes ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Love the taste, the smell, and the relaxation of it......well its not relaxing waiting for the postman after the latest 24:24 buy I guess....:lol::unsure:

My postman is always at least a day late.  The US Postal service is not very reliable in my area.  At least they all show up eventually :)

• Like 1

Questions like this remind me of a famous quote from Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger's (the famous British Director/Producers known as The Archers) 1948 film, The Red Shoes. In the film Anton Walbrook plays Boris Lermontov, a Ballet Company Head and Moira Shearer plays Vicki Page, an unknown and upcoming dancer from an upper-class background...

Boris Lermontov: Why do you want to dance?
[Vicky thinks for a short while]
Victoria Page: Why do you want to live?
[Lermontov is suprised at the answer]
Boris Lermontov: Well I don't know exactly why, er, but I must.
Victoria Page: That's my answer too.

• Like 2

Because I'm addicted to nicotine and cigars are the most pleasant way to deliver it?

• Like 2

My wife is fond of telling me that I say, " I do what I want."

CC with a fine rum or whiskey; alone or with friends, rain or shine, makes no matter to me.

I am blessed that I am able to do most of the things I want to do.

IMG_1817.thumb.JPG.08236284ea87a7d066bf947d125bccba.JPG

• Like 2

For relaxation, to take time out for reflection.

I don't smoke much, maybe 2 sticks per weekend.  I don't think I will ever smoke daily.

However, when I smoke a cigar on my porch, at the end of the day, like today, it makes a bad day seem not so bad and a good day even better.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2017 at 11:05 PM, Lotusguy said:

Because I like to

This is the correct answer.  "Concerning matters of taste, there is no dispute."

Its like me asking whether you prefer vanilla or chocolate ice cream, then asking why you prefer your choice over the other.  You might say it tastes better, creamier, etc.  In truth, none of these are fact; just your opinion.  Someone else will say the other flavor tastes better, creamier, etc.  Again, just opinion.  The actual answer is...you just do.  There is no other reason.  Same with smoking cigars.  You either like them or don't.

That being said, I can't imagine a better ending to a day than a cigar accompanied by a nice glass of something alcoholic on the deck.

• Like 2