Vega Robaina Short RE Andorra 2014 (SUE AGO14)

I purchased this box completely blind and was not really sure what to expect. Not having found any reviews whatsoever online; I figured I’d share my experience of this little smoke. First off, I’ve smoked three of these but this review is based on the last two. The first one did not sit right and I think I may have been a bit too keen, not letting them rest enough after their cross-Atlantic voyage.

20170413_151903.thumb.jpg.44dac1a2c9deeb968736d35da6c577be.jpg

FormatMinuto / Petit Corona / 42 x 110 mm

Pre-light: Light wrapper, lighter than anything I've personally seen on VRs (although that is fairly limited). Sweet, fruity aroma on the foot. Pre-draw also sweet, reminiscent of honey.

20170324_123536.thumb.jpg.bdf3d54192b1e29de6a6a34c6c5e1e05.jpg

First third: Starts up with quite full flavors, a definite Cuban twang to it. The sweetness transferred well from the pre-draw and foot to the smoke. Medium spice on the retro and a strong woody finish (although not cedar). I want to identify the spice as black pepper. About an inch into the cigar, there is a leather taste lingering after the finish that borderlines light bitterness but it does not take away from the flavors, quite the opposite.

20170413_143848.thumb.jpg.6010edc038b38f36f946b9b205ea2f20.jpg

Second third: There is a quite drastic and sharp drop in pepper on the retro. A couple of puffs of grass are accompanying the change but these quickly fade. Both the sweetness and woody finish are still present but slightly muted compared to the first third. There is a mild spice on the front and about half way through the cigar I am getting something that I best can describe as vegetably-ish.

20170413_145122.thumb.jpg.dd9cc246d458f8cec84b149ab6294465.jpg

Final third: The spice on the retro returns. The vegetable flavors are still lingering on and off into the final third with a certain “warmness” to the cigar. On the finish, the wood becomes the dominating flavor.

20170413_151822.thumb.jpg.9de5e2fcfde3f9b27437c60e91630224.jpg

Construction/burn: Neither cigar had any problems with the burn, clean line with no need for touch ups. Tobacco felt firm throughout (albeit the small size).

General thoughts: I have to say that I like this VR quite a bit. Between the two cigars that made up this review, there was very little differences in flavor and changes. It won’t make my top 5 REs but for the size it is surprisingly complex, keeping you on your toes. At no point was it anything less than pleasant. I'll smoke another one this summer to see if there's been any changes. If nothing else, I figure it is a cool "McRib" cigar to add in trades or bombs. Thanks for reading.

• Like 4

Excellent review. I too enjoy this lil guy. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1