Picking the "Magnificent 7" from current production stock.

Available "magnificent 7"

party 898

BBF

Diplomaticos No.2

Partagas Serie E

Cohiba Siglo IV

CoRo

Trini Fundy

Reserves that are hard to find currently but not discontinued

Upmann Sir Winston

Cohiba Lancero

• Like 2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good evening all. I am not in a position to have a magnificent 7 yet. Still being able to claim newbie status, I don't think I've had 7 Cubans yet. However, the preceding list gives me something to

It's a tough one in regards to regular production supply, because of recent/current wrapper shortage of the 180-odd current in production Habanos cigars, approximately 30% would have been in a product

I'm also finding it hard to believe so many people have smoked a 16 SW. Really? I saw a handful of boxes pop up here and there but they were gone in an instant. I don't think any of the popular truste

Sir winston
Cola
Cohiba esplendido
Bolivar belicoso fino
Punch punch
Monte especiales
Trinidad Fundadores

Reserve
Coloniales
Monte double edmundo
El Principe
Reserve reserve
Mdo 4
Pl Monte Carlo
Party shorts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov

My two cents, in no particular order:

Punch DC

Punch Punch 

HU Sir Winnie

HUPC

Party Lusi

Cohiba Espli

Hoyo DC

I have an obvious bias toward churchills and DCs, since that's what I smoke most. 

4 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I had an e-mail over the weekend from a new member. Actually it has been a series of emails culmination with "pick me the magnificent 7 of current HSA stock"

The request came with a caveat in that the stock I picked  was not to be listed for discontinuation as he didn't want his heart to be broken should he love them. 

Tough one I said "as some may not be available when you order"

So we settled on 7 cigars with 3 reserves.  

I also ruled out 2015 LE stock just in case he couldn't put his hands on any in 3-6 months time. So from regular stock I picked:

1. Montecristo Especial

Especial No. 1 or No. 2, or both?  Sorry to be pedantic!

In no particular order my top 7 current production would be:

Punch DC

Lusitania

Partagas 898

Cohiba Lancero

Punch Punch

SCDLH La Fuerza

Upmann Magnum 50

With the Montecristo no.2 and Juan Lopez 2 as back ups. The Monte 2 can be very hit or miss but it's a classic and the good examples are excellent!

Perhaps not the magnificent 7 but what I've been smoking the most of lately (current regular production);

Cohiba Robustos

Partagas Serie D No. 4

RASS

Monte #2

Por Larranaga Picadores

Hoyo du Prince

ERDM Demi Tasse

Throw in the HUHC since Du Prince hit the chopping block

• Like 1

For me, it's gotta be

HDM Epi 1
QDO Coronas
Punch Punch
Juan Lopez Seleccion 1
Cohiba Siglo IV
Dip #2
Party 898

Reserves (maybe would be higher if more readily available)

Cohiba Siglo III
Upmann Sir Winston

1. Juan Lopez no 2

2. H upmann connie 1

3. H Upmann connie A

4. Partagas lusitanias

5. Hoyo epicure especial

6. Hoyo le hoyo san juan

7. Montecristo PE

H upmann for me is the most consistently well constructed cigars. Not my favourite flavour profile but you can't beat the consistency in my limited experience. 

I've picked my list based on stuff that is readily available and smoking well now and of recent vintage (14,15,16).

• Like 2

Por Moi` :

•     Montecristo No. 2
  •     Cohiba Siglo IV
  •     Bolivar Belicoso Fino
  •     Behika #54
  •     San Luis Rey Serie A
  •     Partagas 898 Varnished
  •     Por Larranaga PC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, groundhog said:

I realise that the Sir Winston is supposed to be current production...... but where on Earth is it????

I'm also finding it hard to believe so many people have smoked a 16 SW. Really? I saw a handful of boxes pop up here and there but they were gone in an instant. I don't think any of the popular trusted vendors had any up during that time, and I don't think Rob got his hands on any (at least he didn't admit it openly) and certainly none were offered for sale here.  

I'm also seeing the Connie A on many lists and I am not aware of any 16 production on these, along with several cigars that I am very doubtful were made in 16. SLR SA is another example I'm seeing people list. This one's been MIA for quite some time as well.

Can anyone who's listing cigars like the HUCA, SLR SA, HUSW or Punch DC confirm that they actually have a 16 box code? This thread is about cigars produced in 2016, not 14 or 15 smoked in 16. 2016 production only.

2 hours ago, luvdunhill said:

Do you think these will be coming back soon then?

Monte Especiales have generally always had lower production--even more so in the last 5-7 years based on my observation. They don't ever really seem to go on "hiatus" however--they just kind of get to the point where folks start wondering where they are and then they pop back. I can't recall any year where there hasn't been some production. Cohiba Lanceros/CE kind of seem to be the same way. Interestingly, it seems both the Lanceros and Especiales No. 1 have been made exclusively at El Laguito since 2015. I did get a box of Especiales No. 1 from 14 that was not from EL. They were good but not great.

• Like 3

For me:

* Partagas Lusi

* Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 2

* Bolivar Royal Corona

* Partagas D4

* HDM Epicure Especial

* RASS

* RYJ Churchill

Reserves

* Monte Petit Edmundo

* Punch Punch

* HDM Petit Robusto

5 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I'm also finding it hard to believe so many people have smoked a 16 SW. Really? I saw a handful of boxes pop up here and there but they were gone in an instant. I don't think any of the popular trusted vendors had any up during that time, and I don't think Rob got his hands on any (at least he didn't admit it openly) and certainly none were offered for sale here.  

I'm also seeing the Connie A on many lists and I am not aware of any 16 production on these, along with several cigars that I am very doubtful were made in 16. SLR SA is another example I'm seeing people list. This one's been MIA for quite some time as well.

Can anyone who's listing cigars like the HUCA, SLR SA, HUSW or Punch DC confirm that they actually have a 16 box code? This thread is about cigars produced in 2016, not 14 or 15 smoked in 16. 2016 production only.

I have two boxes of Connie A laujul16 bought in Havana last November...

Tough one - but I'll give it a shot...I didn't include "super favourites" as I don't smoke them but maybe once or twice a year.

1. Cohiba Siglo VI
  2. Cohiba Maduro Magicos
  3. RyJ Capuleto 2016 LE 
  4. Cohiba Robusto
  5. PSD4
  6. Montecristo Double Edmundo
  7. Punch Punch

Backups:  H. Upmann Mag 46, RyJ Wide Churchill, Montecristo #2 

Punch punch on here a good bit.  Glad I scored a box.

surprised at how many times I saw lgc 4 pop up.  I've not purchased any LGCs in years, may need to alter that situation...

I also ruled out 2015 LE stock just in case he couldn't put his hands on any in 3-6 months time. So from regular stock I picked:

1. Montecristo Especial
  2. Punch Punch
  3. Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Number One. 
  4. Partagas 898 varnished
  5. Cohiba lancero
  6. H. Upmann Sir Winston
  7. Cohiba Siglo IV

Reserves:

1. Partagas Lusitania
  2. Montecristo Petit Edmundo
  3. Juan Lopez seleccion Number 2 

The above would make a great sampler! :rolleyes: