How "Deep" is "Deep"?

I previously bought samplers, singles and five packs when I first started smoking cigars. Since I've been buying boxes I like to keep a variety of cigars in my humidor (they say variety is the spice of life!) so I don't have any more than 1 or two boxes of any particular cigar. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pssht, amateur.

If the pile of boxes is taller than me...that's deep. Until then, its just "a lot"

10+ boxes of a particular code is deep for me, i.e. 10 boxes of LRE 2009 PSD4's...

9 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

I go more wide than deep. As opposed to dozens of boxes of a single Marca/Vitola, I stock just a few of each across the board. Maybe 7-8 of a particular stick tops.

C'mon Mike...this is relative... to YOU!!! Hahaha! IIRC you have like 1200 cigars just in Partagas. 

When I die, I want to come back as your humidor. :)

::Bows Deeply::

I try to go deep age-wise. One box of each for each year of production--IF I can afford it. Stocking up on Cohibas like this gets...expensive real fast. Figure a box of '14, '15 and '16 Espys would run you close to 2K.

On 20/04/2017 at 8:58 AM, PartagasIV said:

10+ boxes of a particular code is deep for me, i.e. 10 boxes of LRE 2009 PSD4's...

94R7sHDl.jpg

On 20/04/2017 at 11:27 AM, gpugliese said:

Pssht, amateur.

psd4s.jpg

Well, you've both gone a long way to convince me that the Partagas Serie D No.4 currently outsells the Montecristo No.4 and No.2!

11 hours ago, TBird55 said:

I think Camp W is calling.

I think those 42 cabs and boxes of RASS leaves Camp Winnipesaukee for dead!

• Like 1

If I really enjoy a stick, and it's a Limited edition of some kind, I'll go 50 or 60 sticks deep.  Like a couple of other people here, I used to go wide and just get a couple of boxes of everything, but now I'm focusing more on what I enjoy the most and trying to go deeper on those.

Guys, we have been at this for several years. We have lots of storage and smoke. But we have a few boxes of maybe two kinds only. The rest are single boxes and I like them with some age on them.

I have the weirdest new activity! Trading! And here's the weirdest part of it. Some old 2009 Tat Black and Opus. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

My tastes change too damn much to go more than a couple boxes deep, but I go wide because I always appreciate the variety.

Sure glad I didn't go too deep when I was only buying NCs.  Having a hard time finishing the ones I have.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bman75 said:

Sure glad I didn't go too deep when I was only buying NCs.  Having a hard time finishing the ones I have.

^^I’m in the same boat, except I went pretty wide on the NC’s. It’s taking some discipline to let those Cubans just sit there while I work my way through some mighty strong Nicaraguans. I find myself leaving more and more of them in the ashtray halfway through. And then I go stick my nose in a box of CC’s. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Islandboy said:

^^I’m in the same boat, except I went pretty wide on the NC’s. It’s taking some discipline to let those Cubans just sit there while I work my way through some mighty strong Nicaraguans. I find myself leaving more and more of them in the ashtray halfway through. And then I go stick my nose in a box of CC’s. 

Don't worry about it too much, it just means you know what's actually good. :lol3:

• Like 1