Trigger Fish

Fosgate

So I just got back from the Philippines last week. Put together a video clip. (Forgive me, first time running a GoPro and editing). While snorkeling on a reef dove down and ran into a little Barracuda. Now, first time in the ocean for me but always been intrigued since a boy with marine life studying the books and such. However, a friend from Florida watched the video and noted at 11:16 I approached a Trigger Fish. I know I said, cool right? He said yes but advised I look up trigger fish attack and look at the bites they can inflict and watch the video's how aggressive they can be. I was a bit shocked by the videos I saw but are Trigger fish really that commonly aggressive?

Very cool and thanks for sharing ....usually it their are two ...territorial  little suckers and they do bite ...had one hassle me in the Maldives  once ....blew its head clean off with my spear gun ....funny huh trigger fish .

• 3 weeks later...

While scuba diving the trigger fish has its own hand signal. A finger pointed and thumb moving like a trigger to mimic a hand gun. It means stay clear. They tend to charge very aggressively at anything swimming close by. Attractive looking fish though. Never eaten one but would be a bit nervous about trying to spear one. Kind of like a surgeon fish can slice you, these fish can bite.

• 2 weeks later...