Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fosgate

Trigger Fish

6 posts in this topic

So I just got back from the Philippines last week. Put together a video clip. (Forgive me, first time running a GoPro and editing). While snorkeling on a reef dove down and ran into a little Barracuda. Now, first time in the ocean for me but always been intrigued since a boy with marine life studying the books and such. However, a friend from Florida watched the video and noted at 11:16 I approached a Trigger Fish. I know I said, cool right? He said yes but advised I look up trigger fish attack and look at the bites they can inflict and watch the video's how aggressive they can be. I was a bit shocked by the videos I saw but are Trigger fish really that commonly aggressive?

Very cool and thanks for sharing ....usually it their are two ...territorial  little suckers and they do bite ...had one hassle me in the Maldives  once ....blew its head clean off with my spear gun ....funny huh trigger fish .

only kidding I have some cool pics I shot with my camera though :cigar:

Well now you have to share. You cant say you have cool pics and not show them! :)

They make for tasting eating. Had fresh caught trigger fish for dinner last night at one of our local restaurants. 

great vid, many thanks ! :party:

Triggs are territorial..and good eating!