Cohiba LCDH?

A friend of mine just received this from his barber as a gift.  Apparently the gentleman "just returned from Cuba".

Knowing that Cuba has plenty of fakes, and I have not ever been aware of an LCDH Cohiba (nor can I find it in the database), I raised my suspicions but didn't want to shit in his scrambled eggs, so to speak.  I am far from an expert on all the offerings of Cohiba, to be fair.

Confirmation that this is fake?

unnamed (2).jpg

7 minutes ago, laficion said:

Hi there,

Sorry bro., but to me , It's a FAKE. To my knowing, there Is no LCDH, Cohiba.

Guy

My initial thoughts as well, but as I said, i'm not Cohiba expert by any means.  Wanted to look into it for him though.  Curious if that's also the common consensus here.   Thanks.

Definitely Fake. sorry man. For starters, that cigar "doesn't exist" (Cohiba LCDH) as you stated and second, that Cohiba band is almost as rough as the wrapper. The poor spacing around the Taino head is a dead give away. There is a noticeable white space along the bottom and right side of the Gold Taino Head. However the upper and left edges bleed directly into the black and white checkered background. These types of blatant printing errors are very rare(but occasionally present) on real Cohiba bands. The top and bottom gold bars should also have "COHIBA" and Taino head holograms printed in. These look to be straight gold leaf on your example. 

Don't feel bad. My most prized Cuban cigar is a fake CORO. I checked into my Casa and walked straight down to the Malecon looking for one. I knew it was fake the second the guy pulled it out of his pocket, I couldn't believe it was as "easy" as everybody said though! I swiped it from him for 4 CUC and love showing it to my friends as an example of "what not to buy".

I think its a cool story/souvenir and now you know! :D

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

Definitely Fake. sorry man. For starters, that cigar "doesn't exist" (Cohiba LCDH) as you stated and second, that Cohiba band is almost as rough as the wrapper. The poor spacing around the Taino head is a dead give away. There is a noticeable white space along the bottom and right side of the Gold Taino Head. However the upper and left edges bleed directly into the black and white checkered background. These types of blatant printing errors are very rare(but occasionally present) on real Cohiba bands. The top and bottom gold bars should also have "COHIBA" and Taino head holograms printed in. These look to be straight gold leaf on your example. 

Don't feel bad. My most prized Cuban cigar is a fake CORO. I checked into my Casa and walked straight down to the Malecon looking for one. I knew it was fake the second the guy pulled it out of his pocket, I couldn't believe it was as "easy" as everybody said though! I swiped it from him for 4 CUC and love showing it to my friends as an example of "what not to buy".

I think its a cool story/souvenir and now you know! :D

Yep exactly.....and that's what i'll tell him.  Keep it as an example :)

Thanks for the confirmation!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Look on the bright side, if he did indeed, buy them in Cuba... There is still a chance they are intrinsically Cuban cigars.

Smoke'm!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...